DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I imagine after that radio interview someone called Booker and were like, "Book, man, you can't say stuff like that!"

"Why not?!"

"Because! It's unprofessional. You just can't threaten to fight someone like you're in grade school."

"Well I don't like him talking back at me like that during Raw. Makes me want to pop him in the mouth."

"Thats...that's Corey playing his role. He's not antagonizing you personally!"

"SO?!"

Man I usually hate these kinds of posts but I can see this conversation taking place so clearly I gotta give it to you. 

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Back around the time WWE was burning through Brock-Braun and Cena-Reigns as fast as humanly possible.

Jesus Christ. I don't even remember this. Probably because I tried to block out that period where Cena grew his hair out for whatever movie he was in.

If anything, at least Cena's better hair style is back and Braun is still being pushed.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Seth Rollins/Jason Jordan vs. The Bar in tag title rematch (assuming that is going to be angletastic since Jordan still has a fucked up neck)

Rumblings on Wrestling Twitter say that Jordan's down for a year with neck surgery, so yeah, this is gonna be quick.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Rumblings on Wrestling Twitter say that Jordan's down for a year with neck surgery, so yeah, this is gonna be quick.

That is disappointing to hear. Jordan was doing well as a somewhat subtle heel.

• Like 2

I have nothing to add on Booker aside from him sitting next to me at the bar after a Pittsburgh Raw last July and Facetiming Sharmell from his iPad which was kinda surreal to see. He was polite to the handful of geeks who tried to talk to him while he was eating dinner and he was nice in dealing with a visibly intoxicated girl who wanted to use him as a reference to get a WWE tryout after supposedly attending Lance Storm’s school, which was a slightly uncomfortable situation.

On the other hand, the guy was convicted on two armed robbery counts in the past so he’s probably not the kind of person you want to constantly troll and prod just for fun. 

Probably one of the rare times where year long injury can potentially be a blessing in disguise.

I hope this leads to a storyline where Jordan tries to emulate his father and wrestles with a broken freakin neck, ends up in a wheelchair, and then guilts his father into making Rollins' life hell for a year, and avoid his advice of knowing a guy who can get him back in the ring in two weeks or so..... only to miraculously rise from his chair, and lay a huge beatdown on Angle to close out a Raw. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently (at least based on their tweets) Asuka vs. Bayley is also booked for RAW tonight

So Asuka is totaling challenging Charlotte isn't she? Seems like there isn't any other reason for her run through the top of the division unless are we getting a surprise like Trish or Nikki in the EC match.

5 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

To be fair, we don't know why exactly Booker dislikes Graves so much.  Are we just going to completely discount the idea that Graves may be kind of a dickhead?

I don't think Booker is a fan of Pantera and their racist ex-singer, Phil Anselmo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I only skimmed the last page or two.  My takeaway from is that Booker T and Avril Lavigne might be the same person?  

I'm thinking I need to actually read posts, but I'll probably be disappointed if I do.

They might be. Have you ever seen them in the same place at the same time?

Booker doesn't like Corey because he might be a Sk8er Boi, so Book said see you l8er boi.

I'm so ashamed of myself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9