DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

Reading the transcript, that doesn't sound like he's serious, what with mentioning WrestleMania and all.

That being said, I watched the Rumble and it was my first time watching with commentary in a long time -- and Graves was taking a lot of undeserved shots at Booker, and not really in a heel vs face way. Like, Booker would say something, Graves would mishear him, and then Graves would make fun of Booker for something he didn't even say.

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Woop Woop

He really is "The Villain". BTW, I just got my Villain Club shirt in the mail yesterday. That brings my total of wrestling shirts up to two. I had more, but I was told to get rid of them and act like an adult. That's never going to be me. I'm a kid in a chubby man's body.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

Reading the transcript, that doesn't sound like he's serious, what with mentioning WrestleMania and all.

That being said, I watched the Rumble and it was my first time watching with commentary in a long time -- and Graves was taking a lot of undeserved shots at Booker, and not really in a heel vs face way. Like, Booker would say something, Graves would mishear him, and then Graves would make fun of Booker for something he didn't even say.

I kind of tune ppv commentary out half the time, but was Graves actually mishearing him? Booker was incoherent like half the time he spoke on Raw. Its why even Cole would laugh and take shots at him regularly.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Probably. I mean, he was forced to retire from being an active wrestler due to concussions.

Corey would sick Braun on Booker while dropping Pantera song titles during the mauling.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Would watch.

1 hour ago, Peck said:

I’d pay $9.99 to watch this as well.

Someone tell Cody, *this* is how you get 10000 asses on seats.

• Like 3

The only reason Booker T is on WWE television in any way is because he's black. It has nothing to do with quality of his work or respect. It's because they want a black man at each of their desks on television for diversity.

Sadly, that really does seem to be true. Even Meltzer (I know, some people hate him) always skirts around it when the commentary situation is always brought up. It’s always a “Well, you know why they have him out there. I’m not getting into it.” 

15 minutes ago, Ace said:

The only reason Booker T is on WWE television in any way is because he's black. It has nothing to do with quality of his work or respect. It's because they want a black man at each of their desks on television for diversity.

• Haha 1

Hunter and Shawn both were played out by the DX Band at WM 14 with Hunter winning and Shawn losing. The band also played a gloriously shitty version of America the Beautiful at the beginning of the night that had the crowd in an uproar. 

• Haha 1