DVDVR Message Board

SDL - 1/30/2018 - State of the Rusev

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, The Green Meanie said:

So what's the story exactly on these new promos where it looks like they're being filmed by the talent holding their cell phones up whilst their names and random phrases flash/light up or fly past the talent on screen?

It's supposed to look more like an IG story or snapchat I'd assume.  

15 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

So what's the story exactly on these new promos where it looks like they're being filmed by the talent holding their cell phones up whilst their names and random phrases flash/light up or fly past the talent on screen?

My guess is they're trying to make promos feel more real in light of how well-received Mojo Rawley's personally recorded speeches were during the buildup to the Zack Ryder feud. I'm not sure it works, but it's worth a try because if a talent flubs they can re-do the promo and submit the best version.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So Smackdown Live did get some new graphics and they were pretty cool.  They incorporated them into some backstage promos.  The promo segments building towards matches down the road.  It worked. Simple and effective.  Hope they stick around. 

So we know Kevin Dunn isn't responsible.

• Like 2

I dunno why but Roode talking about Mojo Riley really made me laugh. 

I loved the crowd during the 4-way because they were all hesitant to get too into Rusev waiting for his inevitable failure.  When he went for the Stackolade the crowd just deflated, sure that he's going to lose and start booing as soon as Mahal attacks him from behind.  Even when Rusev puts Kingston in the Accolade, the crowd doesn't really react until the bell actually rings.  Weird how he still is pushed/treated like a heel though. 

They definitely need to do a Roode/Rusev double turn. Rusev is the more over face on SmackDown but they keep him a heel for some unknown reason, while Roode is literally only good at being a prick heel (and he's better at that than anyone else on the planet)

I can kind of see that though I do hope they just let stay AJ vs. Nakamura.

That Riot Squad attack on Charlotte just felt odd with the lack of Naomi and Becky coming out to save her after having done so in the past. I ssume we get Ruby vs. Charlotte for the belt at Fastlane. The cash in tease with Carmella was amusing.

I was thinking they could run Sami vs Owens with the alignments shifted from their normal positions if they played their cards right at the Rumble.  

Honestly, they'll probably throw them into a 7 man ladder match for the US title because god forbid we not have everyone on the roster in a match.

Styles will veto the shit out of Owens and Zayn being in that match. Dude literally has built up political capital solely to have a match with Nak at Mania.

Book Owens vs Zayn at Mania. Zayn as asshole heel, Owens as not a face but a guy who realised he created a monster.