DVDVR Message Board

• 2 weeks later...

The teams of 20 mode is so fucking fun. Got into and epic 4 way tower battle earlier that went on and on. Finally my team got down to three of us versus one remaining player. I found him hiding in a semi truck and dove in to attack with my shotgun. He had put remote explosives all around the entrance but before he could set them off I got a head shot for the win. Such a fun mode.

• 2 weeks later...

So I got the game on Switch and hearing so much about it was excited to have a crack at it.  But there's one little problem:  I suck pretty bad so far at this game.  I get the need to get materials but haven't put them to use yet, and I'm not that good when it comes to shooting games.  I'll mess around with it some more but hoping I at least get decent at it.  But I don't know if there's cross platform between Switch and other games, but somehow in one match I placed 6th by dumb luck (50 team match)  So it's likely that I'm playing with a bunch of kids but so far I like it.

Just now, offspring515 said:

Keep at it. I’m not a big gamer either so when I first started I was dreadful. I’ve moved up to just plain bad. I think in a few months I could make it to mediocre. Then the world is my oyster.

Thanks!  I think a sign of how much I suck right now is some dude's coming at me with a rifle and so far had nothing but a pickaxe.  So I'm feebly swinging at him trying to do some damage and he just jumps around toying with me until he decides to do me in.  I figure if I encounter a moment like this then surely it has to get better, right?

I can't build easily, but I can hide, use the environment to my advantage, and kill people with shotgun ambushes. I've finished top ten in solo about three times out of the nine or ten times that I've played. If I can learn to shoot a bit better and build a little, I'll win one eventually. I just probably will never get that good because I've got too many other games that I'm focused on playing now, and I just prefer SP over MP. 

Playing this handheld on Switch definitely makes it more palatable than only being able to play in front of a TV or monitor though. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 9:29 AM, NikoBaltimore said:

Thanks!  I think a sign of how much I suck right now is some dude's coming at me with a rifle and so far had nothing but a pickaxe.  So I'm feebly swinging at him trying to do some damage and he just jumps around toying with me until he decides to do me in.  I figure if I encounter a moment like this then surely it has to get better, right?

The other day I was playing Sniper Shootout, and landed at a chest the same time as someone else.  They got a hunting rifle and I got jack.  He’s jumping and shooting while I was trying to hack him with my ax.  Then, someone else sniped him with a hunting rifle.  I’m able to grab the now dead guy’s rifle (with six whole bullets left) and hide.  The sniper comes after me and we end up trying to shoot each other with hunting rifles while standing on opposite sides of a wall with two windows.  I run out of bullets, he chops down the wall and jumps around trying to shoot me when I land a lucky ax shot to finish him off.  

Yes, I did a dance after.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still no wins but tonight I got 3 straight second place finishes in squad games. I had avoided squads for a long time because I felt I was too bad and didn’t want to be an albatross. I’ve improved enough that I don’t feel that way and have actually found myself as the best player on my squad more than once. I think I enjoy the squad stuff more than solos now. 

Oh oh also the golf carts are super fucking fun and add a lot to the game. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, offspring515 said:

Still no wins but tonight I got 3 straight second place finishes in squad games. I had avoided squads for a long time because I felt I was too bad and didn’t want to be an albatross. I’ve improved enough that I don’t feel that way and have actually found myself as the best player on my squad more than once. I think I enjoy the squad stuff more than solos now. 

Oh oh also the golf carts are super fucking fun and add a lot to the game. 

Ooh, golf carts.  I haven't come across them yet but I'll be keeping an eye out.

And I'm more of a squad guy, even if I suck it's good to have backup if needed.  Solo events make me a bit too paranoid for some reason.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I gave up on it. I got to Battle Pass tier 100 in season 3 and 4, but after that I pretty much figured I'd plateau'ed as a player and the game was starting to feel like work. And I'm not a guy who thinks grinding is fun. So I deleted it and bought Rocket League instead.

I might start playing Save the World when that become free in a few weeks, but I think I'm finished with Battle Royale now. Rocket League is fun though. And a trophy farm.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I dont know if it says it in that story but Ribeiro is also suing 2K for using it in one of the basketball games

Since he is trying to trademark it, it makes sense he is "defending" it now

And tangentially - apparently a bunch of rappers (lead by Chance the Rapper) are considering suing due to Fornite not including the music that inspired many of their emotes

If I were Epic Games, the lawsuits would just encourage me.  Fortnite is so successful and profitable that people are crawling out of the woodwork to get their cut of the profit... or at least the cut they think they should have.