DVDVR Message Board

Random stuff I am watching

Greggulator

I'm just going to go watch a bunch of random stuff and write what I like and don't like.

SASHA VS. CHARLOTTE, FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE. This was a truly fantastic series of matches. I really don't think it can be understated. I know a lot of people hated the initial days of the Women's Revolution. I was fine with it. It wasn't about Steph putting herself over. It was about a leading face of the company introducing a bunch of new characters into Raw. They had a place to start from. We saw the alliances fall apart (as they were built to do) and then individual personalities develop. Charlotte went from "Ric Flair's athletic freak daughter" to an over-the-top pompous jerk. Sasha went from manipulative diva to badass girl with a heart of gold. I also believe this match was the main event on Raw, too. That's just really incredible to know how much faith they have in their performers, and it's great to see them knock it out of the park.

The key to a Falls Count Anywhere match is to get to the floor and crowd. They get their really organically, with Charlotte ducking under the ropes to avoid Sasha's corner knees. The ladies then lay in some nasty chops and slaps while fighting on the apron. Sasha takes his first crazed bump after Charlotte boots her to the face, which sends her to the apron and then floor super nasty. It moves from there to Sasha grabbing a kendo stick from under the ring and beating the f out of Charlotte with it. Charlotte fights back like she should - defending herself against a psych with a weapon, and doing whatever she can to get the weapon out of harm's way. Charlotte and Sasha have awesome facial expressions here (and throughout). Sasha then take another psycho bump. Charlotte tries to suplex her on the floor, but Sasha landed on her feet in a bridge, which resulted in Charlotte hitting a neckbreaker that bounced Sasha's skull off the floor. Charlotte gets on the Figure 8. But Sasha's next to the kendo stick and beats the hell out of Charlotte with it to break the hold. They go up the ramp and to the TV booth. Charlotte clears the table, and eyes it up. She climbs up the table and hits her moonsault off the table in a completely insane move. They head back to the ring. Sasha gains control. "MOVE!" Sasha yells to whoever in this real primal voice. She then does her third move that she will regret in years to come by doing her "jump with knees leading to a pin" thing onto the floor. 

Sasha then has the kendo stick again and beats the hell out of Charlotte some more. Charlotte escapes into the crowd. This was such a clever way to organically get there. They go up the steps and Sasha manages to get Charlotte between the railing. She stiffs the hell out of her with some knees, and then hooks the Bank Statement through the railing. It looks beyond nasty and Charlotte taps. 

Man, this is an all-time great RAW match. It's brutally violent with great emotion between everyone. Best women's match in WWE history? I'll listen to arguments. 

• Like 2