DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber VIII - 2/25/2018

Dolfan in NYC

FWIW, Trish and Lita are booked for a convention in town Mania weekend, so it's not entirely impossible.

Alaverez laid out his idea of Bliss retaining, costing Nia the match, and going with Bliss/Jax and Asuka/Flair. Which mostly makes sense.

Sasha turning on Bayley to set up a match seems likey, but we've been saying that for literally almost a year now.

• Like 2

I don't want to see Trish vs Sasha or anyone, at Mania. There're too many deserving women who have earned that spot on the current roster. As it is, someone like Becky's going to be left out probably. 

You could do it at Backlash, or whatever they're calling the post-mania PPV these days. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm HOPING that if it's Alexa/Nia for the women's title and Asuka/Charlotte for the other women's title they will add Sasha vs. Bayley as it's own match at WM.  I would have liked to see Sasha vs. Trish also but that doesn't seem likely.  Unfortunately there's going to be a lot of women without a prominent role in the WM card. 

Mania or not I really do want Trish vs. Sasha to happen at some point. At this point they are running Asuka through so many of the Raw women it seem like Asuka vs. Charlotte is a certainty, especially with the fresh matches that exist there for Asuka on SDL. While I do want Sasha and Bayley to feud it just seems unlikely to get much traction now with how shitty WWE has used both of them the past year.

• Like 1

The two EC matches will probably go 30+ minutes each but what else is going to round out the card?  Miz obviously isn't going to defend the IC title since he's in the chamber match and of course Brock isn't going to show up.  There will be a tag title match, but what else?  Have Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt blown off their feud yet?  Rollins needs something to do with Jordan on the injured list. 

20 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

I don't want to see Trish vs Sasha or anyone, at Mania. There're too many deserving women who have earned that spot on the current roster. As it is, someone like Becky's going to be left out probably. 

In the WrestleMania XXXIV thread, I said it's unfortunate wrestlers will be missing out with the roster size, limits on card space and championship matches. I proposed a women's Andre the Giant Battle Royal for equality with the men and the women get a meaningful match.

13 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

The two EC matches will probably go 30+ minutes each but what else is going to round out the card?  Miz obviously isn't going to defend the IC title since he's in the chamber match and of course Brock isn't going to show up.  There will be a tag title match, but what else?  Have Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt blown off their feud yet?  Rollins needs something to do with Jordan on the injured list. 

That's why Miz would be better served defending the WWE Intercontinental Championship.

• Like 1

Hardy/Wyatt is almost definitely a lock. Bàlor has been teaming with Rollins on house shows so it could be them vs The Bar if they want to put Crews in the Chamber. Or could be Good Brothers vs The Bar if you want to put Finn in. That leaves Rollins open for.... Uh something?

You've got Nia/Asuka. Some sort of cruiser multi man tag probably.

On 2/7/2018 at 4:46 PM, Captain Kronos said:

There're too many deserving women who have earned that spot on the current roster. As it is, someone like Becky's going to be left out probably. 

Which means that we're getting Trish vs. Sasha at Mania.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Which means that we're getting Trish vs. Sasha at Mania.

The women need their own battle royal so the full-timers can collect WrestleMania paychecks while Vince books women who were over 15 years ago in high-profile angles.  Only when Michelle McCool gets a title match and Becky Lynch wrestles the first match on the pre-show will men's and women's booking be truly equal.

1 minute ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

The women need their own battle royal so the full-timers can collect WrestleMania paychecks while Vince books women who were over 15 years ago in high-profile angles.  Only when Michelle McCool gets a title match and Becky Lynch wrestles the first match on the pre-show will men's and women's booking be truly equal.

Thanks, Overly Critical Man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

Wyatt v Hardy should happen.

Cruiserweight tourney finals?

Titus Worldwide vs The Bar?

Club vs Revivial on the preshow.

I think that Rollins looking for another partner could turn into a story. Maybe The Bar dropping some smack about karma being a bit of a bitch to Seth (injuries, partner issues etc) since he tried to get the Shield back together after turning his back on them.

Use it to bring up Kassius Ohno.

Then if they are successful there is instant tension with both Jordan coming back and getting upset about being replaced as well as Ambrose coming in and wanting to get Rollins back in the Shield.

I thought the cruiserweight title finals were gonna be at Wrestlemania (presumably on the pre-show because god damn pal, fuck the cruiserweights)

3 minutes ago, Captain Kronos said:

I read that in Vince's voice without even meaning to do it. 

Totally unrelated, but one of my co-workers and I have a long running joke between us where we'll try to out-Vince the other until one of us breaks. Both start doing more and more exaggerated versions of the McMahon walk, starting every sentence with "God Damn pal", etc. 

• Like 2

Just now, BrianS81177 said:

Totally unrelated, but one of my co-workers and I have a long running joke between us where we'll try to out-Vince the other until one of us breaks. Both start doing more and more exaggerated versions of the McMahon walk, starting every sentence with "God Damn pal", etc. 

I wish I had rasslin friends IRL. No one I know cares for it. They tolerate my bringing it up, I guess. 

• That reminds of something in wrestling. 
  • In wrestling they have a move called a German suplex. . .
  • Gronkowski participated in last year's Wrestlemania. . .

Yeah he and I are the only wrestling fans either of us knows in work/friend circles. He once dared me to say "God damn" to another of my co-workers 10 times in the span of an hour without making it obvious. God damn pal, you have no god damn idea how god damn hard it can be to say "God Damn" that many god damn times in one god damn hour. 

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, DeathyBoy said:

Could just go with Rollins vs Balor.

I mean the "you injured me" storyline is enough. Then have Balor point out that he beat Rollins injured, doing it at full strength will be easy,

Finally running it with heel Bàlor is the right idea, but they don't seem to be going that way now.

If Jordan is out for Mania, that's the match I'd book Rollins in. And use it to set Bàlor up as Roman's first challenger.

• Like 1

I would have to assume that Cena is guaranteed to be in spots 4-6 or beating Miz in a 'loser is number one' is kind of pointless.  

Because WWE never does pointless things.

On 2/11/2018 at 2:13 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Finally running it with heel Bàlor is the right idea, but they don't seem to be going that way now.

If Jordan is out for Mania, that's the match I'd book Rollins in. And use it to set Bàlor up as Roman's first challenger.

Rollins isn't going to go silently into that goodnight. If he's out of the tag scene for the time being and the Universal title is back in play full time after Mania, he'll be taking a run at it.

Your best hope for Balor coming out of a potential Mania match with Rollins is probably a triple threat match. 

Shouldn't get your hopes up as a Balor fan. Seth'll burn it down. 

So I'm trying to guess what is going to fill out the rest of the card. Wyatt vs Hardy in some strange "Woken Match", maybe Anderson and Gallows vs Revival again and Sheamus and Cesaro possibly defending their championships against Titus Worldwide.