DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber VIII - 2/25/2018

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, piranesi said:

I can see that. I kind of like the notion that deep down she's basically an MMA rage monster who will lose her shit and snap someone's arm and then claim that she doesn't remember anything later and promise never to do it again. It's the same reason Id be terrified to date her, but it would make a great character.

When she switches to mean face it looks like you have about as much chance of reasoning with her as you would with a T 1000.

If they give her a bell, she can be the new Festus.

• Haha 3

Watching it again, the best part is how Kurt shuffled around in the background like Stan Laurel or like a guilty little kid while HHH was trying to calm things down. He's literally acting like a slow-witted child while starting an arson orgy between three millionaires.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I have no problem with Roman facing Brock at Mania, but having him go over here was about the least interesting and most predictable outcome possible.  They should have just saved this gimmick for after the PPV and found some other way for him to get into the main event.

2 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I have no problem with Roman facing Brock at Mania, but having him go over here was about the least interesting and most predictable outcome possible.  They should have just saved this gimmick for after the PPV and found some other way for him to get into the main event.

Same thing can be said for the women's match too when it comes to predictability.

I think it was a given Sasha was going to turn on Bayley like she did at the Rumble and that Alexa was going to retain.

Outside of it being predictable the fact that they been rumored to have this main event for over a Year, and the fact that Braun had to take a clean fall. I want to see Reigns vs Brock 2. They should add Strowman because he is over as Fuck. But I want to see Roman and Brock in a singles

2 minutes ago, just drew said:

So, on Raw Talk, Renee and Peter talked about how Asuka hasn't chosen an opponent yet. If Asuka chooses Charlotte, what's the plan for Alexa? Nia? Bayley and Sasha? All 3?

Asuka's hardcore. She'll take 'em both.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What's Brock's contract situation with this Dana pic? If they can repeat a Wrestlemania XX scenario with him leaving and Reigns as a heatsink it'll be amazing with the modern travelling Mania crowd. They'll be chanting for Johnny Gargano the whole time or Cody Rhodes or something equally absurd.

• Like 2

I know I'm the only one but if I wasn't already sick of Braun, that match definitely made it that way. What a boring ass Chamber match to see every single guy eliminated the exact same way. Absolute buzzkill and the same kind of shit that killed Survivor Series to me last year. Gotta be up there with one of the most predictable matches they've done and it went the lamest possible way to get there with absolutely nothing interesting along the way, no setting anything else up, nothing for any of the other guys in the match.

On the flip side, the womens chamber had some real good moments. Alexa's Twisted Bliss off the pod was absolutely awesome, even if it wasn't sold - still a super cool visual and risk that looked great in execution as well. Thought the early portion was pretty good but the middle fell apart some and was real disappointed when Sonya went out, but overall a pretty good first womens chamber, the pre-match feud video deal was a pretty cool one as well. Alexa's post match promo was excellent, loved that the most of anything on the show.

the Rousey segment was overall full of awkwardness but was entertaining to watch unfold. Kurt was hilarious, guessing he'll be Ronda's partner at WM so that'll be fun. Always dig Asuka vs. Nia but this one felt the least of their three bigger matches and the ending was rather abrupt, not a bad match but shorter than expected.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

What's Brock's contract situation with this Dana pic? If they can repeat a Wrestlemania XX scenario with him leaving and Reigns as a heatsink it'll be amazing with the modern travelling Mania crowd. They'll be chanting for Johnny Gargano the whole time or Cody Rhodes or something equally absurd.

Marty Scurll will be the most over person with the Mania crowd. Woop Woop.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rows said:

So was that little Alexa/Mickie team up build for absolutely nothing?

It was for that great Alexa Bliss "oh shit I'm fucked" reaction to Mickie getting pinned, I guess.

5 minutes ago, just drew said:

So, on Raw Talk, Renee and Peter talked about how Asuka hasn't chosen an opponent yet. If Asuka chooses Charlotte, what's the plan for Alexa? Nia? Bayley and Sasha? All 3?

The rumor has been Nia for awhile now.

I'm hoping that Sasha and Bayley get their own match but there's a couple obstacles.  

1. They could just as easily be thrown in a battle royal for reasons.  

2. They could have their own match but it'll be 5 minutes on the kickoff.  

Unfortunately a lot of the more talented women such as them,  Naomi, Becky,  etc..   will be standing around without a lot to do at Mania.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, just drew said:

And Carmella still hasn't cashed in... Imagine Asuka challenging Charlotte only for Carmella to cash in and take the title from her seconds later at WM... :huh:

10 minutes ago, piranesi said:

That is the philosophical truth at the heart of Alexa Bliss's character. It is good to embrace it.

Herzog's done a Tom Cruise movie and Rick and Morty in the last couple of years, so there's an outside chance he would narrate a Five Feet of Moral Ambiguity documentary for the network.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm hoping that Sasha and Bayley get their own match but there's a couple obstacles.  

Unfortunately a lot of the more talented women such as them,  Naomi, Becky,  etc..   will be standing around without a lot to do at Mania.  

The after effect of doing a womens rumble is that you're kinda committing to a singles title match, when so far they've been putting them in multi-person matches.

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Fuck it, give the women their own ppv. It will be more enjoyable than WM, save for AJ/Nakamura.

• Like 2