DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber VIII - 2/25/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, Overly Critical Man said:

Rousey's theme music is the biggest mood whiplash ever. Super tense segment....HIT MY UPBEAT HAPPY MUSIC

I've never heard that song described as upbeat, happy music. You are truly living up to your name tonight.

4 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

This Cena interview is amazing guys.

Whut? This whole storyline is ridiculous and Cena hamming it up doesn't make it any good. Yes, WWE will not find a match for John Cena. 

I stick to just watching the big shows and the occasional Braun clip on YouTube. After how bad this show was, I think I'll just watch mania and take a break. What a disaster. 

Women's match was laid out well but the execution was pretty bad. Was Sasha supposed to roll through the Twisted Bliss? Jax is really awkward but Asuka has always been her best opponent. 

Seriously though, Kurt Angle, out of nowhere is like the cheekiest, slickest bastard in the WWE. That was some Columbo level "accidentally fucking up and annoying some rich assholes."

I assume this is his way to get back at Steph. for humiliating him over and over and, while it makes literally no sense since the power they have over him to fire him is still 100% in effect, but still....that was so great.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Sasha may be an even worse strategist. She knocks Bayley off the pod and then doesn't even bother pinning her, going after Alexa instead. WWE faces in general seem to be really dumb.

At least Sonya and Mandy worked together. I was disappointed they didn't get to last longer in the match.

• Like 1

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

At least Sonya and Mandy worked together. I was disappointed they didn't get to last longer in the match.

Dude, the match got so much better when they were gone. 

And they were booked just as stupid as the faces, just different stupid. Why weren't they desperately trying to eliminate Bayley before a pod opened?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peck said:

I'm probably way in the minority but I feel the awkward/stumbling-a-bit-on-the-mic Ronda makes the badass switch more effective when it gets flipped. 

I can see that. I kind of like the notion that deep down she's basically an MMA rage monster who will lose her shit and snap someone's arm and then claim that she doesn't remember anything later and promise never to do it again. It's the same reason Id be terrified to date her, but it would make a great character.

When she switches to mean face it looks like you have about as much chance of reasoning with her as you would with a T 1000.

They really missed the boat by not having Elias take his stool and guitar into the pod and having him sing for through the entire match until it was his turn to enter and then have everyone mug him when he eventually entered.

1 minute ago, Overly Critical Man said:

There's a lot of shade being thrown at Brock tonight. Guess he's leaving?

Not sure, but Dana uploaded this to Instagram today:

2 minutes ago, piranesi said:

I can see that. I kind of like the notion that deep down she's basically an MMA rage monster who will lose her shit and snap someone's arm and then claim that she doesn't remember anything later and promise never to do it again. It's the same reason Id be terrified to date her, but it would make a great character.

When she switches to mean face it looks like you have about as much chance of reasoning with her as you would with a T 1000.

If they give her a bell, she can be the new Festus.

• Haha 3

Watching it again, the best part is how Kurt shuffled around in the background like Stan Laurel or like a guilty little kid while HHH was trying to calm things down. He's literally acting like a slow-witted child while starting an arson orgy between three millionaires.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1