DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber VIII - 2/25/2018

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm assuming The Bar defend the tag belts to help fill out the undercard.

Probably but I wonder what the future for Sheamus is looking like with his health and all.  I still think Cesaro could be a Benoit level talent in the upper midcard and sometimes title contender.  

I like the idea of having Sonya/Mandy in the chamber.  They can work together for a while like a Carlito and Masters.  I'm not sure how you have Nia Jax in the chamber and lose.  If she's involved she should probably win unless she takes several finishers but that "everyone gangs up on Nia" deal will start to wear thin.   

I'm okay with Nia and Alexa as the title match at Mania because I think it'd be a good storyline with Alexa carrying the promos and Nia can steamroll her on the big stage.  

But that would leave Asuka challenging I guess Charlotte...  that's good too as they've never fought.  

I want to see a Sasha/Trish Mania dream match but that's probably unlikely.  Some of the women like Sasha, Becky,  Naomi are probably going to be royally screwed on the mania card. 

Warning: fantasy booking ahead

Run a last a chance match for the final spot with the four non-Kane losers (I'm assuming Kane is leaving for his campaign?) but with the stipulation that the winner is the first man in the chamber.

Bàlor wins. Does his Iron Man thing again, makes it to the final two Reigns. Loses. Good Brothers show up post match, three on one beat down commences. Rollins saves with a chair and runs them off.

Reigns is busy with Brock, so Rollins/Bàlor 3 at Mania, now with heel/face dynamic flipped completely from the first time. Finn wins. Boom, you've got Roman's first challenger ready to go.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Web Conn said:

Maryse is due to pop on April 6th, and Miz has stated Wrerstlemania be damned he's gonna be in the delivery room so I wonder if he drops the IC title at EC or not.

If the plans are really Braun vs Miz, you could theoretically get away with Braun destroying Dallas and Axel for ~10 minutes in ways that would continuously pop the Mania crowd. It'd be a bit of a waste, but if you made it gratuitous enough with a big set piece, it could create a "wrestlemania moment" and be an ok back up if Miz can't be there at the last second.

9 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Probably but I wonder what the future for Sheamus is looking like with his health and all.  I still think Cesaro could be a Benoit level talent in the upper midcard and sometimes title contender.  

I like the idea of having Sonya/Mandy in the chamber.  They can work together for a while like a Carlito and Masters.  I'm not sure how you have Nia Jax in the chamber and lose.  If she's involved she should probably win unless she takes several finishers but that "everyone gangs up on Nia" deal will start to wear thin.   

I'm okay with Nia and Alexa as the title match at Mania because I think it'd be a good storyline with Alexa carrying the promos and Nia can steamroll her on the big stage.  

But that would leave Asuka challenging I guess Charlotte...  that's good too as they've never fought.  

I want to see a Sasha/Trish Mania dream match but that's probably unlikely.  Some of the women like Sasha, Becky,  Naomi are probably going to be royally screwed on the mania card. 

Get a chance to pawn off the "Sherri Martel Memorial Battle Royal" as another historic first...

On 2/1/2018 at 8:45 AM, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer - the plan right now is

Men's: Reigns, Rollins, Cena, Elias, Braun and ???

The 6th men's spot was supposed to be Jason Jordan but his injury is actually a neck injury and it isn't great at the moment (apparently he is having problems with his grip so that is no bueno.) Rollins is also working with a bad back so it is possible that he might not be in the match either.

FWIW...

On 02/02/2018 at 5:52 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Nia v Alexa works for Total Divas filming also.

Asuka v Charlotte is the workrate match.

Team Nikki v Team Brie? Works for Total Bellas/Divas and gets the women on the card.

Nikki, Sasha, Mickie, Natalya, Lita & Phoenix vs Brie, Bayley, Becky, Naomi, McCool & Trish

Add Molly, Jacquline, Torrie and Kelly to the teams if needed. Just get em all in there for 10-15 minute segment with everyone hitting a spot and ending with Sasha pinning Trish after a Nikki forearm. Hold off on the singles match for the RAW PPV later.

So the best result of the women's chamber is Sasha winning by going full heel for a rematch with Asuka at Mania, right? They haven't done a singles match for the title at Mania in the new era and they've proved they can go. And I honestly wouldn't be upset if Asuka's first loss was to the Boss, especially if it cements her as a heel champion.

• Like 2

Part of me wants to see Alexa weasel her way through the match so Asuka's big win ends the longest reign of this incarnation of the title. Adds some stability to the belt.

But if Sasha finally turns on Bayley in a really vicious and cruel manner and takes the belt in the process... That's not a bad move.

Regardless, I don't think Asuka is losing at Mania. I wouldn't be 100% surprised if she loses to Ember Moon the night after Mania though.

I'm HOPING that if it's Alexa/Nia for the women's title and Asuka/Charlotte for the other women's title they will add Sasha vs. Bayley as it's own match at WM.  I would have liked to see Sasha vs. Trish also but that doesn't seem likely.  Unfortunately there's going to be a lot of women without a prominent role in the WM card. 

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm HOPING that if it's Alexa/Nia for the women's title and Asuka/Charlotte for the other women's title they will add Sasha vs. Bayley as it's own match at WM.  I would have liked to see Sasha vs. Trish also but that doesn't seem likely.  Unfortunately there's going to be a lot of women without a prominent role in the WM card. 

It's nice to have some good options for speculation, at least. Back in the day, we'd be lucky to have a 6-Woman tag that got 4 min. That's not always true - Mickie/Trish got good time - but it sure feels like it. 

• Like 1