DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber VIII - 2/25/2018

Dolfan in NYC

5 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I'm gonna need Nikki Bella in this EC winning the title via Misawa elbowing everyone to death and then setting up a strong-style dream match with Asuka for Mania.

I could get down with that.

• Like 1

How badly hurt is Alicia Fox? 

Anyway, Bayley, Sasha, Nia, Mandy, Sonya and Alexa. Have Bayley and Sasha start so you can build the match around the two of them, keep Absolution working together, use the big "everyone hits their finisher right in a row" elimination on Nia. .

If they do The Bar vs Anderson/Gallows vs The Revival vs Titus WorldWide what do they run at Mania? add Slater/Rhyno and make it a ladder match?

I actually wouldn't be upset with Michelle McCool in the Women's EC actually, her 5 Rumble eliminations would then make sense and maybe they could build to some sort of program where Nia destroys her at Mania. 

Bliss vs Sasha vs Baylay vs Mickie vs McCool vs Devile (have her in the underdog roll and she proves herself against the top dogs lasting longer than the masses thought going into it. Have her use her striking game to her advantage.)

Sonya Deville just beat Sasha clean, and in way less time than it took Asuka. Questionable booking aside, it's a good enough reason to put her in the EC. Besides, someone has to get pinned second (after Bayley, of course).

14 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Cuz they are setting up Elias vs Cena for Mania.

Wasn't this just a Rumble setup? I have a hard time seeing them go that way. Before then it seemed more likely that Cena was getting either Joe or Taker.

13 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I'm gonna need Nikki Bella in this EC winning the title via Misawa elbowing everyone to death and then setting up a strong-style dream match with Asuka for Mania.

Isn't Nikki still on the SDL roster technically?

15 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

How shitty is it that Asuka had to win a Royal Rumble Just to get a title shot, but now every other girl gets a title shot in the Elimination Chamber?

Uh, not shitty at all? Asuka gets a one-on-one match with the champion at WrestleMania. 5 other women have to compete inside the Elimination Chamber and survive until the end to become champion.

Also I bet this is where Bray and Matt have their Final Deletion type match after neither qualifies for the Chamber. You can’t have that sort of match at Mania, and it’s best to do it while people still (somewhat) care. So, I’d say the Men’s Chamber is likely Cena/Reigns/Elias/Strowman/Miz, and the last spot goes to Balor, after winning a match between all the people who didn’t qualify or something. Miz can be in there to set up the Strowman match at Mania, or replace him with Rollins if you want (I’d prefer that).

I’ll go out on a limb and say plans have been changed and Reigns isn’t facing Lesnar at ‘Mania, either.

I have a sinking feeling we are getting Triple H vs Strowman at Mania that goes 20 minutesvavd expises Strowman killing his mystic and effectively ending his push. 

I really want to see Joe vs Miz at Mania. Joe takes out the Miztourage before the bell rings with Muscle Busters then it’s just 5 minutes of Joe destroying Miz before walking out new IC Champ.

Id have the men’s EC be Strowman, Elias, Cena, Roman, Miz, and either Joe if he is cleared or like a surprise like a Big Cass return or something. 

I also have a crazy weed smoke fantasy booking idea where Elias wins the EC by some fluke, so it’s Brock vs Elias at Mania. Also run Cena-Reigns 2 at Mania with Cena picking up the win this time. Do a backstage vignette where Roman after his loss runs into Paul and Brock. Intense staredown ending with Brock smirking at Reigns. Come Brock’s match with Elias, it’s just five minutes of Suplexes with a hope spot thrown in, Brock has Elias on his shoulders for the F-5. Roman comes out to the ringside area talking shit, Brock drops Elias. Roman is on the apron and is in Beicks face. Elias hits Brock with a high knee followed by a schoolboy rollup with his foot on the ropes for leverage and pins Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship. Then on the Raw after mania start the show off with a concert from Elias. He’s singing about his win, Brock comes down in a rage destroys his set, Paul then announces the main event of the night will be Brock vs Elias in a rematch. Brock destroys Elias wins back the Championship. Reigns comes out they get in each other’s face as Raw goes off the air. Then at Backlash run Reigns vs Brock with Reigns going over. I think Reigns big moment over Brock will be better received if it isn’t at Mania. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Solution: put Kairi in the match, and after they quadruple team Nia, Kairi hits the elbow off the chamber.

Considering the height of the chamber and how vertical Kairi lands ordinarily, she'll end up doing a Shooting Star Elbow.

31 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Hey man we all have dreams. Elias being Champ even for a day would be fun. 

My stoned fantasy booking for last year's Mania was that Braun would interrupt Cena's proposal and make off with Nikky like Bluto and Olive Oil. My friend looked at me like I was crazy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

My stoned fantasy booking for last year's Mania was that Braun would interrupt Cena's proposal and make off with Nikky like Bluto and Olive Oil. My friend looked at me like I was crazy.

Wouldn't Bree be more Olive Oyl ? :)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Web Conn said:

I have a sinking feeling we are getting Triple H vs Strowman at Mania that goes 20 minutesvavd expises Strowman killing his mystic and effectively ending his push. 

I really want to see Joe vs Miz at Mania. Joe takes out the Miztourage before the bell rings with Muscle Busters then it’s just 5 minutes of Joe destroying Miz before walking out new IC Champ.

Id have the men’s EC be Strowman, Elias, Cena, Roman, Miz, and either Joe if he is cleared or like a surprise like a Big Cass return or something. 

I also have a crazy weed smoke fantasy booking idea where Elias wins the EC by some fluke, so it’s Brock vs Elias at Mania. Also run Cena-Reigns 2 at Mania with Cena picking up the win this time. Do a backstage vignette where Roman after his loss runs into Paul and Brock. Intense staredown ending with Brock smirking at Reigns. Come Brock’s match with Elias, it’s just five minutes of Suplexes with a hope spot thrown in, Brock has Elias on his shoulders for the F-5. Roman comes out to the ringside area talking shit, Brock drops Elias. Roman is on the apron and is in Beicks face. Elias hits Brock with a high knee followed by a schoolboy rollup with his foot on the ropes for leverage and pins Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship. Then on the Raw after mania start the show off with a concert from Elias. He’s singing about his win, Brock comes down in a rage destroys his set, Paul then announces the main event of the night will be Brock vs Elias in a rematch. Brock destroys Elias wins back the Championship. Reigns comes out they get in each other’s face as Raw goes off the air. Then at Backlash run Reigns vs Brock with Reigns going over. I think Reigns big moment over Brock will be better received if it isn’t at Mania. 

HHH is a jobber now. He knows that Braun is gold and won't do anything to change that. Also, why should Reigns get the "top spot" against Lesnar, especially since he's lost 2 straight on RAW to the Miz.

Per Meltzer - the plan right now is

Men's: Reigns, Rollins, Cena, Elias, Braun and ???

Women's: Bliss, Jax, Bayley, Sasha, Rose, Deville

The 6th men's spot was supposed to be Jason Jordan but his injury is actually a neck injury and it isn't great at the moment (apparently he is having problems with his grip so that is no bueno.) Rollins is also working with a bad back so it is possible that he might not be in the match either.