DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber VIII - 2/25/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Here's the next stop on the Road to Wrestlemania (TM, All Rights Reserved)

7-Person Elimination Chamber Match For the #1 Contendership for the WWE Universal Championship at Wrestlemania XXXIV - John Cena (Sucks) vs. (Walk With) Elias vs. (I'm not making a joke about) Braun Strowman vs. Roman Reigns (Who, coincidentally, also sucks)  vs. The Miz (who is awesome) vs. Finn Balor('s Bulge) vs. Seth F. Rollins 

Elimination Chamber Match For the WWE Raw Women's Championship - Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Mandy Rose  vs. Sonya Deville  vs. Mickie James  vs. Bayley  vs. Sasha Banks

Asuka vs. Nia Jax  (If Jax wins, she is becomes co-#1 Contender)

Other than Roman, who else makes it into the EC? Before they announced Cena vs Finn, I figured both guys would be in, but they stupidly cut Finn out. I'm not even bothered by Finn losing last night except for that it removes a good competitor from the EC match. So Cena, Elias, Strowman, Roman...

Maybe Miz? Rollins? Someone from Titus Worldwide? Lashley?

Rollins and Jordan might round things out. I think Titus Worldwide will be going against The Bar or be in a 4 way with revival and Gallows/Anderson too. If Joe will be back before then he might get into the Chamber, which would be sweet. I guess Bray is always a possibility too. I'd hold off on Lashley's return to the Andre the giant battle royal at the earliest and only then if he wins it and it's on the main show otherwise wait till after Mania so he doesn't become just another guy right away.

I doubt Jordan is gonna be healthy enough to be in the match and I would hope they wouldn't put him in a spot just so they can run another fake concussion angle with him again.

How shitty is it that Asuka had to win a Royal Rumble Just to get a title shot, but now every other girl gets a title shot in the Elimination Chamber?

are there even five other women on Raw without Asuka? Without dipping into “Legends?”

Honestly, Michelle McCool deserves a title shot after eliminating the most women in the Rumble. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

are there even five other women on Raw without Asuka? Without dipping into “Legends?”

Bayley, Sasha, Nia, Mickie James, Dana Brooke, Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville is the rest of the RAW roster

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Eh, an EC with Bliss, Bayley, Sasha, Mickie, Dana, and maybe some other legend wouldn't be all that bad. I don't think Mandy or Sonya have a spot. I don't think they should have a spot.

Nia Jax will likely make it.

1. you can't have Nia in this and not win.  She's a giant and a dominant force and she's always losing in these situations.  Better to have her get fluked out in a qualifying match by getting DQ'd or getting counted out, than having all the girls team up against her again, and then finding a convoluted way to eliminate her. 

2. Alexa, Bailey, Sasha -- and then really slim pickings after that.  When Dana Brooke is your next best option, you've got problems. 

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Eh, an EC with Bliss, Bayley, Sasha, Mickie, Dana, and maybe some other legend wouldn't be all that bad. I don't think Mandy or Sonya have a spot. I don't think they should have a spot.

I am not sure why you would think Dana "deserves" a spot more than Mandy or Sonya

Because she has been on the main roster longer?

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

I am not sure why you would think Dana "deserves" a spot more than Mandy or Sonya

Because she has been on the main roster longer?

Tenure, the squeaky wheel getting the grease, and I just see Mandy and Sonya as the backup to a leader that's no longer there while Dana is the woman in Titus Worldwide.

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Tenure, the squeaky wheel getting the grease, and I just see Mandy and Sonya as the backup to a leader that's no longer there while Dana is the woman in Titus Worldwide.

That is really shitty reasons for keeping better wrestlers out

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

1. you can't have Nia in this and not win.  She's a giant and a dominant force and she's always losing in these situations.  Better to have her get fluked out in a qualifying match by getting DQ'd or getting counted out, than having all the girls team up against her again, and then finding a convoluted way to eliminate her. 

2. Alexa, Bailey, Sasha -- and then really slim pickings after that.  When Dana Brooke is your next best option, you've got problems. 

Eh, Nia has lost one on one to Asuka and Bayley, she was pinned by Sasha in the gauntlet match, and she got pinned by everyone in the WrestleMania match so it's not like they won't constantly have people gang up on Nia. Plus, this is a creative that isn't that creative. They'll just keep going back to the same well over and over again.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That is really shitty reasons for keeping better wrestlers out

I'm not the one booking the show, I'm just trying to get in the head of how they might book it and trying to give some of my own reasoning too. They do inexplicable shit all the time. Look at how they booked Emma.

• Like 1