DVDVR Message Board

Raw - The Bank's Closed - 1/29/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Whiny bitch John Cena is very off-brand.  I am not sure what they are going for with him now.  

Banks had no shot whatsoever with Asuka, and yet, she has given her what is easily Asuka's best main roster match so far.   

Good show tonight.  WWE is on fire.  There's probably going to be a lot of talk about Sasha's missed dive/kick spot and how dangerous it was but it definitely added to the match.  Can we agree on that?  Because after that they just went 0 to 100.  The final 5-10 minutes of Sasha/Asuka was great stuff.  Hard hitting. Asuka was throwing vicious strikes.  Sasha nailed her with a stiff knee to the head off the top.  Then it ended with some sweet looking reversals.  

I loved it.  

• Like 1

I really like Alexa as a character but I think a better WrestleMania title match would be Asuka/Sasha rematch.  I wouldn't mind them running it back.  

Braun is on such a hot streak.  I'm stunned. Legit stunned how this huge fucking dude who is awesome on the mic and pretty damn good in the ring isn't already world champion.  

I was fine with the Elimination Chamber qualifiers.  Elias has come so far.  His song tonight was beautifully done.   Cena over Balor will definitely be polarizing.  I don't mind it because Cena has been doing a lot of losing lately. So has Roman for that matter.  

Speaking of Roman,  him and The Miz have never had a bad match ever.  

I have yet to watch the show so i might be talking out of class but what is with them pushing Finn and then de-pushing him the next night? They did it at TLC when he went over AJ is classic match and then lost to Kane in dominating fashion. Then he lasted 57 minutes in the Rumble and looses to Cena the next night. Granted I have yet to have seen the match.

I wonder if they're going to go with the story of Finn coming up short in big opportunities, but in the meanwhile, they'll put over hard how he really hung in there. That shit only works if you actually have them win the big one at some point.

The finish to Asuka/Sasha was great, but I almost wish they had called an audible and ended right after the botch when Asuka took advantage of Sasha being stunned and pummeled her face into paste. That would have really put over how you can't make a mistake against Asuka and not end up unconscious and it wouldn't have hurt Sasha since it would have looked like a bit of a fluke. Sasha sold those strikes so well, she just wilted, and then all of the sudden it was transition and she's winning.

Roman/Miz was good again. I think I liked this one even more than last week's match.

Sasha/Asaka was great and kind of crazy with that missed/countered dive from Sasha and even Asuka throwing herself threw the ropes with her hip attack later. I think it was a mistake for this to not be the WM match, but I'm at least glad we got it. It does make me wonder though if this means we are getting Asuka vs. Charlotte for WM. Asuka has more or less gone through all the fresh matches she could have had save Absolution who are kind of dead in the water with Paige injured.

Titus Worldwide vs. The Bar was good stuff. I'm glad the previous wins from Titus and Apollo actually gained them a title shot. That botched hurricanrana counter from Crews was scary, but it was pretty damn impressive how he just kept going.

Cena/Finn was good though I'm a little surprised Cena went over. It was also a bit weird with the crowd actually getting to Cena.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, piranesi said:

The finish to Asuka/Sasha was great, but I almost wish they had called an audible and ended right after the botch when Asuka took advantage of Sasha being stunned and pummeled her face into paste. That would have really put over how you can't make a mistake against Asuka and not end up unconscious and it wouldn't have hurt Sasha since it would have looked like a bit of a fluke. Sasha sold those strikes so well, she just wilted, and then all of the sudden it was transition and she's winning.

If they ended it right at the tope, I think everyone would've bought it. I thought that was where they were going, with Asuka winning by stoppage.

Almost a retro vibe to the new RAW logo. Clean and classic but still also modern. I dug it.

And the crew actually setting up an announce table over a few segments was the kind of attention to detail they fail at a lot.