DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2018 POST SHOW DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

Trish DEFINITELY did the call back V. That camera cut real quick. But what is Vince gonna do, fire her?

It looked to me like she was holding up seven fingers to represent her having won more championships than Mickie. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

So presumably Rey was the "big surprise" who was gonna challenge Roode?

Fuck now I REALLY want to see Roode vs Rey.

I have a hard time believing they'd throw out a Mysterio return on a free to watch YouTube preshow.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Trish DEFINITELY did the call back V. That camera cut real quick. But what is Vince gonna do, fire her?

I thought she did. They did their best to hide it, and I'll bet even what we saw won't be there tomorrow. But it was awesome of her to do it. 

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They could legitimately have 3-4 women's matches at WrestleMania and I'd be happy to see them.  

Asuka vs. Alexa for the women's title 

Ronda vs. Charlotte for the women's title 

Sasha vs. Bayley....  add on..  

Women's ATG battle royale?

"Kiari Sane is a yachting enthusiast, thus the boating theme" has to be one of Michael Cole's worst calls ever. 

What happened with the supposed "big angle" between Cena and Elias for the Rumble that had to be set up at RAW 25 which is why we supposedly didn't get the Taker/Cena confrontation last week? 

This was legit one of the all time top endings to the (men's) Rumble. That last 15 or so minute stretches was great stuff, even if Roman would've won. They played the audience like a fiddle keeping Roman and Cena in there with the fan favs Finn and Nap. And the "old guard vs new guard" final 6 was good stuff too. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, MonteCarl said:

"Kiari Sane is a yachting enthusiast, thus the boating theme" has to be one of Michael Cole's worst calls ever. 

Actually, if I have any complaint, it's Michael Cole doing a profile piece on each entrant like it's fucking GLOW or something.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think Dolph was probably the guy who was in the Roode U.S. title match spot 

That doesn't seem to fit with someone telling Meltz it was a "big surprise."

I listened to WOR earlier and don't recall him saying it would be a big surprise. They just talked about it being a surprise and who would be a big enough deal for it and they seemed to think it would be Lashley, but didn't know who it would be.

2 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Women's ATG battle royale?

Bertha Faye BR? Can't call her Rhonda Singh now.

Other plausible candidates are prob too non WWF or not dead: aja, bull, Madusa, Mount Fiji, Baby Doll (Andrea the Lady Giant)

There is of course the 8th wondrous elephant in the room.

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

Other plausible candidates are prob too non WWF or not dead: aja, bull, Madusa, Mount Fiji, Baby Doll (Andrea the Lady Giant)

It's not an elephant in the room anymore. H

HHH brought up Chyna on Monday and Steph talked about Chyna on commentary saying the women's division wouldn't be where it is without Chyna.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Didn't you say you didn't watch tonight? Or maybe you just missed it, but Stephanie straight up name dropped Chyna on commentary so referring to her as the "8th wondrous elephant in the room" is a false statement.

EDIT: @Craig H with the quick fingers