DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2018 POST SHOW DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Only watched the Men's Rumble, but I'm not sure that wasn't the best ever all-round Rumble really. Yeah, obviously 1992 is never really going to be topped BUT in terms of something that was fun to watch and gave lots of people the chance to shine and get over, I'm interested to hear how this isn' t the best ever. Nakamura has been cleansed of Mahal, Mahal looked like a big deal, Kofi got to do his bit, Almas got to eliminate him and stick around, Adam Cole BAYBAY~! looked like he belonged (and I've made my jokes about him), Balor' put the bad booking behind him and got the ironman role, Rusev got a good run in there, Slater got to be goofy BUT got a good elimination too, Corbin got to be a dick, Sami got to be a prick, etcetera etcetera. Great stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Would you expect anything else from Jerry Lawler? I'm thankful he wasn't calling the women's rumble.

Dear God... the definition of hell is Jerry Lawler calling any women's match. With a Rumble in play? Oof.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Casey said:

Why was the yachting thing "legendarily" bad? It's an actual fact from her life and it plays into her gimmick.

Because people don't realize they are talking about an actual competitive sport and not just someone lounging around on a boat. They also fail to realize the pirate stuff isn't her actual gimmick like it was Paul Burchill, just the theme of her outfit.

7 minutes ago, Mickie Zeidler said:

I thought Charlotte's gimmick was White Supremacy?

She couldn't understand how she got treated as a face when she was spouting the genetic superiority line.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ace said:

Meh. It's been done. And at a time when Brock's matches weren't "I'mma suplex you til I'm bored.". Styles v. Nakamura is a better match.

Hence, us losing our minds.

3 hours ago, Morganti said:

That won't kick in until post mania.  This is his last hurrah i think.  Then he starts the transition to papa haitch.  I fully expect mania 3020 to be the first one with no Vince involvement.

FTFY

• Haha 1

I'm glad we're all fawning over the next green as goose shit celeb and Steph' s Mania program upstaging the first ever Women's Rumble.

We can all agree what was really important, and it's never the current roster.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

I'm glad we're all fawning over the next green as goose shit celeb and Steph' s Mania program upstaging the first ever Women's Rumble.

We can all agree what was really important, and it's never the current roster.

I think most of the posts in here aren't about those things.

Mania season is off to a hot start.

• Like 2

I'm not going through 15 pages of DVDVR message board forum pages as thats a worm hole I do not want to mention but has there been any mention of Roman tossing Rollins out of the Rumble. Maybe they are planting the seeds for a turn?

1 hour ago, България завинаги said:

Only watched the Men's Rumble, but I'm not sure that wasn't the best ever all-round Rumble really. Yeah, obviously 1992 is never really going to be topped BUT in terms of something that was fun to watch and gave lots of people the chance to shine and get over, I'm interested to hear how this isn' t the best ever. Nakamura has been cleansed of Mahal, Mahal looked like a big deal, Kofi got to do his bit, Almas got to eliminate him and stick around, Adam Cole BAYBAY~! looked like he belonged (and I've made my jokes about him), Balor' put the bad booking behind him and got the ironman role, Rusev got a good run in there, Slater got to be goofy BUT got a good elimination too, Corbin got to be a dick, Sami got to be a prick, etcetera etcetera. Great stuff. 

It is the way every Rumble should be and is not very hard to book.  It literally is minimal effort.

Hey, so I went to this live.  Was very fun going to a show outside of my town. Although the WF Center does leave a LOT to be desired in seat width.   Damn.

Some thoughts: 

The crowd was visibly on the edge of their seats for both Rumbles. I'm assuming the angle for both of the first two matches were the missed tags which will be addressed on Tuesday.   

Nakamura and Asuka winning was extremely heartwarming. Though, I will say, I personally had a small issue with the chants in the women's rumble being (primarily) for the men associated with each woman.  

Yes, literally more than half the arena went to the bathroom after the men's Rumble.  Seth & The Bar might as well have been doing an Empty Arena match.  

I got to sit in front of a bunch of CZW guys, it was cool getting a sort of insider perspective on the matches.  

• Like 5

Can I throw some shade at the assholes who started Undertaker and John Cena sucks chants in the women's Rumble?

Because that was staggeringly disrespectful.

Awesome card otherwise. End stretch with Nak vs Roman was world class. Whenever anyone gives Roman shit, I'd point to him putting over Balor on Raw and Nak here better than anyone else has. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

.....You can do that?!

Re: Kelly Kelly - was anyone else wondering why she kept her weird jacket thing on?

Because she was wearing a string bikini top and they were worried it'd slip.