DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2018 POST SHOW DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

OH!

I don't know why I just remembered this but I was rolling over Cole claiming that the women would be completely stumped by how a Rumble works because it never existed before and both Steph and Graves were like "they own TVs"

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

58 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Are you mad that he assumed their gender?

Hahaha, nah, "women" just sounds like a better qualifier for females over the age of 15 (which I'm certain all of them were).

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I want Finn vs Rey, and I don't even like Finn. I just think that's a good Wrestlemania match.

I think they're already too deep on Rey vs. Kylo, but there could be a swerve in the third movie.

• Like 6
  • Haha 11

Since the women's rumble was billed from the beginning as "historic" and set up to celebrate past & future, I really don't mind them going so heavy on nostalgia/surprise comeback spots.  It's like an extended torch-pass. (plus several of them looked like they could have a full comeback in them).

Thought Lynch and Banks were going to be dueling Iron (wo)Men when they started 1-2.  Surprised when Lynch went out (and glad the crowd was kinda angry).

They really overdid the "knocked to the floor but not out", unfortunately.

McCool being a house-cleaner (4 eliminations which I think was the most) was an eye-roller, would've preferred one or two of those went to Banks or Lynch.  Unless she's coming back for an extended run or something.

But they did all the standard Royal Rumble stuff and it worked and the right woman won (though I'd have preferred Asuka plowed thru Earnest Teammate Bellas rather than Nikki double crossing Brie to give Asuka the opening, but that's a very minor nitpick) so yeah, that was fun, would definitely watch another one next year.

During lunch I thought of another women's dream match I want for Mania (it would probably be pre-show but whatevs) Bayley and Molly vs the Iconic Duo, the pure and sweet duo vs the nasty catty girls it's a perfect match up.  I could probably book an all womens PPV with matches I want to see from things I saw last night in the women's rumble

• Like 4

I thought the Women's Rumble was fun, but I didn't like that it was a sprint of a match going just under an hour and Michelle "Mrs. Undertaker" McCool getting the most eliminations with 5 bothers me. She hasn't wrestled in 7 years and comes back for a one shot and sets the record for most eliminations in the debut Women's Rumble. They are "trying" to book Nia Jax as a monster and she only eliminates 4 women. This companies refusal to make the current talent look like larger than life superstars is frustrating.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

I hope Rousey flames out like Nathan Jones.

Fuck that transmisogynistic fucking dipshit mark.

Stealing Asuka's moment, being the FIRST Women's Royal Rumble winner, and even more historically, having both rumbles won by non-whites, gets thrown out the window by this bullshit.  Unconscionable.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

DUtY-eEXUAEKiQx.jpg

STIFF. STIFF. STIFF!

I thought Braun's knees were a little weak, but those Lesnar shots to the temple were hard to watch.

This is the Bizarro Royal Rumble where I didn't really like any of the matches but was happy with almost all of the results.

18 minutes ago, Mickie Zeidler said:

I hope Rousey flames out like Nathan Jones.

Fuck that transmisogynistic fucking dipshit mark.

Stealing Asuka's moment, being the FIRST Women's Royal Rumble winner, and even more historically, having both rumbles won by non-whites, gets thrown out the window by this bullshit.  Unconscionable.

Don't work yourself into a shoot now, brother.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This might have already been stated but I was so afraid when it was Roman and Nak left that they were gonna have Roman win, I had a knot in the pit of my stomach and then book Nakamura pulled it off and I couldn't believe it. That was a tight as fuck moment. and the 12 year old me marked the fuck out at the Hurricane showing up.

Both Rumbles were awesome. The men's one hit so many perfect notes. They had a lengthy run from a newer guy in Finn, Corbin's dickish cleaning house, two great haha moments with Heath and Elias. The New vs. Old Showdown. Roman and Seth. Nak winning.

The woman's Rumble was also really great. One of the things I loved was how they worked around the physical limitations. How many women on the roster are tall enough to get over the rope on a clothesline? It takes a lot of apron work and other methods. Nothing was glaring in those eliminations.

Naomi's big spot was awesome. 

I also thought the first fall of Usos/Gable and Benjamin was awesome. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The best Stephanie commentary moment for me was when Corey was doing to horned up thing when Mandy Rose came out.  Like he did for Eva Marie.  Stephanie told him to "settle down' kind of the same way your mom scolds you when you as a kid for saying a curse word.  

Just now, hammerva said:

The best Stephanie commentary moment for me was when Corey was doing to horned up thing when Mandy Rose came out.  Like he did for Eva Marie.  Stephanie told him to "settle down' kind of the same way your mom scolds you when you as a kid for saying a curse word.  

Settle down, Hollywood Coreynetico

• Like 6
  • Haha 5