DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2018 POST SHOW DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

"Ok we got a shot on someone about to enter and hit Heath..."

"CUT TO THE HARD CAM! PEOPLE NEED TO BELIEVE GUYS ARE LAYING AROUND! AND DO IT FOR EVERY ENTRANCE!"

"Yes sir, Mr. Dunn." 

Other than that, I loved the show tonight. Finally a main roster PPV that wasn't completely obliterated and outshined by a TakeOver.

• Like 2

I don't mind Ronda muscling herself into the Mania card, but there had to have been a smarter way to do it than breaking out the old "What's she doing here!?" shtick. If they had done that shit with Mayweather that angle with Show would have never had the heat that it did.

9 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

I think we need to give the Mens Rumble a ton of credit for having great small moments the last few years haven't had.

- Corbin going out super early, and just destroying EVERYONE for it. That led to the Elias guitar solo which was perfect.

- Heath getting repeatedly destroyed... only to be tossed in and IMMEDIATELY eliminate Sheamus. Brilliant brilliant.

- Almas being around and sticking made me happy.

- The ending stretch was really good.

- FUCKING REY.

Kofi's spot and everyone being all "Fuck John Cena" and beating him down was great. 

In the women's Rumble I think I might have seen Trish do the V sign with Mickie which was a hilarious callback 

Lana was great too when she got fed up and just started slapping the shit out of people 

One note on Brock and the triple threat match.    Brock took a hell of a knee to the face from Braun and did not take long for payback.  He straight up punched Braun in the side of the fucking head. My god those two are monsters.  Among men. 

• Like 3

I loved Rousey showing up. I didn't love the lamest sign point ever. It was the CM Punk "don't forget to point at the sign" thing done in the most hackneyed way. It would have been better if she attacked someone instead of totally stealing Asuka's thunder.

Asuka wins the first ever women's Royal Rumble and can choose her title match at WrestleMania!

And here's Ronda Rousey and she's won the first ever Being Ronda Rousey title and she too can choose her title match at WrestleMania!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I need Nikki Bella to show up tomorrow and tell Asuka she has unfinished business with her tbh. I am more hyped about a singles match between those two than anything at Wrestlemania.

As we were saying on PWO:

Nikki vs Asuka is the match I didn't know I needed in my life. 

Now go back 6 years and imagine yourself saying you want to see KANA vs Nikki Bella. . .

*brain explodes*

• Like 3