DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2018 POST SHOW DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Saying it now before I say it over and over and over this year; Ronda Rousey is one of the most hopelessly unnatural actors I have ever witnessed in my life. If she's in this full-time, any promos she cuts in front of a crowd are going to be eventually *eviscerated*. I don't think it'll happen at first, but audiences will catch on.

It's going to be a bumpy ride. They could just stick her with Heyman...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Give Corey the quote of the night - "You know what they say, if there's a back Sasha has a knife to stab it in".

Second best. His best was "You mean Sheamus's birthday is on Rusev Day?"

But those were clearly the two best.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I think we need to give the Mens Rumble a ton of credit for having great small moments the last few years haven't had.

- Corbin going out super early, and just destroying EVERYONE for it. That led to the Elias guitar solo which was perfect.

- Heath getting repeatedly destroyed... only to be tossed in and IMMEDIATELY eliminate Sheamus. Brilliant brilliant.

- Almas being around and sticking made me happy.

- The ending stretch was really good.

- FUCKING REY.

• Like 6

I was taking a piss when Rey came out and I heard my whole family lose their minds. I said "What?!" and they said "Rey MYSTERIO!"  and I forgot what I was doing and made a mess.

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

Just now, Zac_Fu said:

Oh yeah...Ronda's filiming in South America somewhere....

She actually was in Colombia

The whole reason the women went on last was to give her as much time as possible to get there

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

OH YEAH! Braun gives Brock a stiff knee and Brock IMMEDIATELY gives Braun a receipt for it and says something that gets bleeped. He fucking cracked Braun.

Those were both brutal.

• Like 1

Man, I was looking forward to the women’s rumble but it actually exceeded my expectations. I enjoyed the returning legends. Jackie was stiffing them like it was 1999 and the ring rust on the others was not nearly as bad as one would expect. The worst offenses were probably Lita’s Moonsault and Kelly’s headscissors. But Lita’s moonsault has always been crap and no one expected Kelly to put on any wrestling clinics anyway. I think everyone knew it would come down to Asuka and I’m cool with that. It’s time to let her run with the ball. 

• Like 1

I was fearful for the women's Rumble because I thought the crowd would be dead with it being the main event but they spiced it up with enough legends and NXT talent to spread throughout.  Someone in management made the right call.  It would have been horrible with 5-8 NXT women who nobody knows.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

I think we need to give the Mens Rumble a ton of credit for having great small moments the last few years haven't had.

- Corbin going out super early, and just destroying EVERYONE for it. That led to the Elias guitar solo which was perfect.

- Heath getting repeatedly destroyed... only to be tossed in and IMMEDIATELY eliminate Sheamus. Brilliant brilliant.

- Almas being around and sticking made me happy.

- The ending stretch was really good.

- FUCKING REY.

I LOLed like crazy when everyone stopped to whale on Cena as soon as he got in the ring.

• Like 7