DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2018 POST SHOW DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

El Dragon has it right in that the Rumble matches were way better than anything else. It's hard to think of any of the other matches right now. This was the most fun I've had watching the Royal Rumble in a long time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

I'm very curious what they mean by "Full Time". If she is legitimately there every week, then holy shit.

The way the story reads - she is in it for reals

MY biggest critique of the women's Rumble was that too many women would roll to the floor and hang out. By the time we got to the final 4 I thought that there was still like 2 or 3 people laying on the outside that were just going to come back in.

• Like 11

Man, Sasha eliminating Bayley and then going full heel got a big reaction out of the crowd. I gasped when she did it. It's fun to be shocked by wrestling sometimes.

And again, holy shit! Two days in a row where we started with some holy shit moments and ended with holy shit moments. NJPW and WWE/NXT killing it!

As per usual - the camerawork was terrible all night long.

Three small things throughout the night that I liked

- KO lightly tapping after Sami broke up the calf crusher

- Finn's shocked face after Kofi saved himself

- The giant grin on Randy Orton's face as he was getting to work with Rey Jr again

That was the best men's rumble in recent memory and the right guy won.  I can think of a few minor quibbles but only things that I thought were dumb but didn't really harm the match (I thought Corbin's post-elimination bit was stupid, but did get amused at everyone pummeling Heath as they came in, and having The Bar and Rollins in the rumble when they had a match next was dumb). Rey coming back was a nice surprise.  He's looked good in LU but came off as being in top form here.  I hope he sticks around.

The women's rumble was solid though the outcome was the safest thing they could have done.  Some of the legends did great while several were just rusty or showed what a difference there was between the divas division and now.  I kept forgetting several participants were still in considering how much time they spent outside, but that's a smart choice on their part.  Good match overall but I wish there had been more NXT participants.  Sasha is basically a full blown heel now right?

Rest of the show was whatever.  Didn't pay much attention to the SD title match but it was ok.  The SD tag title match seemed to end abruptly.  I wonder if they called an audible on cutting something for time.  Raw tag titles match was also good but in a shitty spot and featured 3 guys who had just been in the rumble.  Universal title match was about what I was expecting.  I hope we get one more show of Strowman destroying Lesnar and finally coming out on top.

Stephanie's commentary was flat out terrible.  Putting Alexa and Charlotte on instead would have made sense, but of course Steph has to interject herself somehow.

• Like 1

Just now, The Green Meanie said:

As a Japanese-Texan, this. This so much.

Bro. That might be worse than me being from a Japanese family in Kentucky. Either way you know what's up. 

I grew up where the most famous Japanese wrestler was a Samoan. So tonight was fucking special. One more milestone to go.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jaedmc said:

Bro. That might be worse than me being from a Japanese family in Kentucky. Either way you know what's up. 

I grew up where the most famous Japanese wrestler was a Samoan. So tonight was fucking special. One more milestone to go.

I mean, we kinda adopted Jumbo Tsuruta back in the early 70's but nothing has ever come this close. It's been a long time coming.