DVDVR Message Board

Possible Vince McMahon maybe dumpster fire thread

https://www.thedailybeast.com/she-said-vince-mcmahon-sexually-assaulted-her-in-a-tanning-booth-police-found-probable-cause-prosecutors-shrugged

Another article on the same accusations, but with quite a bit more detail. I don't remember hearing about this in 2006, but that was over 11 years ago and I'm very old (and parts of 2006 saw me get rather close to being homeless at one point, so following wrestling news wasn't my top priority)

I remember this story - it came out around Rumble time that year, too, since the 2006 edition was being held in Miami and that’s why Vince was at that tanning salon.

It’s an old story that has cultural relevance now because of all that’s going on, but didn’t back then because, honestly - no one gave a fuck about this stuff 11 years ago. At least in the mainstream media. If this starts to gain traction in bigger outlets than the NY Daily News and the Daily Beast, this might turn into a problem for WWE.

Odd/funny/whatever that this is coming out again after WWE stock hits an all time high after the XFL announcement.

6 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I can’t see why Vince, as rich as he is, would go to some strip mall tanning salon. 

My ex-wife worked at a tanning salon here in NH that was kinda sleazy but often frequented by WWE stars when they came into town. There's a story about Triple H leaving a Rolex behind and giving the workers a bigass tip when he returned for it. I think they'll just go wherever is most convenient.

7 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I can’t see why Vince, as rich as he is, would go to some strip mall tanning salon. 

If the story's true, then it's probably because he thought some pleb working in a strip mall tanning salon would want to see his dick, and if she didn't it was his word against hers.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
22 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I'm honestly surprised there haven't been any allegations of this nature about Vince already or that were more serious.

Rita Chatterton, back in 1992, was a rape allegation.

That was a scandal-ridden couple of years in the early 90s. If all of that had happened at once now, Vince (and maybe the entire company) would likely be done. Although, some really hairy, insane shit has happened subsequently and they're still standing. 

Props to @Raziel403 for posting a Claude Rains meme. 

This is a part of the thedailybeast article.

"Later, the Papa John's employee, William Wells, and the other salon customer that McMahon had chatted with that day were able to pick him out of a photo lineup. McMahon’s accuser, however, could not identify the wrestling chief as her attacker, the documents show."

The woman making the allegations couldn't even ID him so I don't see much coming of it.

Given that both other people who saw the man who she said attacked her readily identified him, I think it's just as easy to chalk that up to her being shell-shocked as it is to her having made it up.

The WON update from yesterday

The Daily Beast has an article on a 2006 sexual assault allegation against Vince McMahon. The alleged incident was covered at the time and charges weren't filed by prosecutors.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:43 AM, PetrolCB said:

One does not keep one's wealth through extravagant expenditures.  Rich people are better bargain hunters than poor people.

Knowing Vince, going there didn't cost him a dime.  The owner probably lets him tan for free and in exchange he gets to the OFFICIAL TANNING SALON OF THE WWE CEO.