DVDVR Message Board

The XFL Reboot Starts Today

RIPPA

• 3 months later...

It's trickly up economics and was always the goal. The rich don't want to pay workers anything. So your fellow citizens having a living wage is now a new kind of tax that you get to pay for them. So we start with the waiters living on tips. Then it's a minimum wage that requires food stamps to live on. Now it's the artists and journalists. Next the athletes.

Can anyone guess who will never ever ever be compensated that way?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, piranesi said:

The hubris. I love it. 

Why headline in Starling City when you can be the 200th most interesting thing in Gotham?

200th is a stretch. If anything, they should have put a team in upstate New York, like Syracuse or Albany.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, BobbyWhioux said:

the talent drop off will be such that at least one team will be fielding a white running back.

You know how people get when there's a white running back.

Who are the Carolina Panthers?

Also, of the eight cities, all except one has an NFL team already. That makes no sense at all. Aim for the gaps in the market (like putting a team in Vegas last time out), not a saturated markey. St Louis, yes, good start. Now how about Oakland, they're losing their team soon? How about Milwaukee, they used to have pro football games (a long time ago). You worked with Jim Ross for multiple decades and you never figured out people from Oklahoma like this sport? San Diego has all these fans who lost their team.

• Like 1

To be fair - a football team playing in DC at a metro stop (since it will be at DC United's new stadium) is FAR different than going to a Redskins game.

And considering how expensive it is thanks to Dan Snyder - if the XFL keeps the costs down - in this one specific case it is a smart idea.

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - a football team playing in DC at a metro stop (since it will be at DC United's new stadium) is FAR different than going to a Redskins game.

And considering how expensive it is thanks to Dan Snyder - if the XFL keeps the costs down - in this one specific case it is a smart idea.

I don't know, DC is as in love with their terrible football team as any city in the country.  If the Nats, Wizards, Caps, and United all won championships 5 years in a row, it wouldn't mean as much as one Redskins championship around here.  The Redskins are the team the city is married to, the rest of the teams are mistresses who are hoping against hope that they'll leave their wife one day.  

No one is going to abandon the Redskins over this

I am talking about actually being able to afford going to a game and experiencing live football

And considering how much attendance has plummeted at Skins game...

Of course we are all acting like the XFL will actual play a real game

12 minutes ago, hammerva said:

The idea of the new York team playing in Met Life Stadium is hilarious.  I mean I guess they don't have a mid level stadium in the area but that is going to be the football equivalent of the Kalisto vs Ryback match at WM Dallas. 

I legit have no idea how the Giants and Jets approved this