DVDVR Message Board

The XFL Reboot Starts Today

RIPPA

3 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Manziel has a criminal record doesn't he - that means he's out 

Wait, is that a thing in this league?  They aren't going to hire anyone with a criminal record?  You know how desperate someone is going to have to be to sign up to play in this league?  Removing everyone with a criminal record really minimizes the amount of talent they'll be able to recruit.  People want to play professional football, because of the money.  The XFL ain't going to be paying nearly enough to get people with options.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I can't tell if Rusev is trying to get himself fired or if he just wants to see if Vince knows who he is, but I hope he keeps up his Twitter game. Again, another example of wrestling Twitter being one of the only good things about Twitter.

And I can't get over the bootleg "Be different" WWE 2K18 song.

1 minute ago, Death From Above said:

Why the hell is anyone going to watch this shit show then? "Hey look the guys that got cut from CFL practice rosters made a league?"

Well people for the 1st week at least watched the original XFL when there was maybe 3 or 4 people in the entire league that anyone had a clue who he was.  Had anyone ever heard of Rod Smart before "He Hate Me".  I mean when Tommy Maddox was your #1 recognizable star 

As someone who has sat through many college and NFL games that felt like they would never end if they can find a way for the average game to go about 2 1/2 hours I'd watch/attend their games. The games being bloated with stoppages make them a real chore to sit through.

3 minutes ago, sabremike said:

As someone who has sat through many college and NFL games that felt like they would never end if they can find a way for the average game to go about 2 1/2 hours I'd watch/attend their games. The games being bloated with stoppages make them a real chore to sit through.

I know this joke has been done a lot on Twitter but why would you expect a guy who think 3 hours of RAW every week is a great idea could cut football down to 2 hours

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I know this joke has been done a lot on Twitter but why would you expect a guy who think 3 hours of RAW every week is a great idea could cut football down to 2 hours

It's not Vince who wants a 3 hour Raw or thinks it's a great idea.

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Couldn't Vince just have bought the Legends, formerly Lingerie, Football League?

As for Tim Tebow, I think I'd rather be a Mets minor leaguer. 

Man, look at WCW, you know how he is.  He'd rather make a thousand with his invention than a million with someone else's that he bought.

• Like 4

The 1st XFL was a way for me to tailgate at the Meadowlands in the off-season. Kind of like the Giants have OTAs before training camp. I'll go see the (s)Hitmen once or twice. I was a season ticket holder for the USFL, but that was a real league with lots of talent.

9 minutes ago, ka-to said:

The 1st XFL was a way for me to tailgate at the Meadowlands in the off-season. Kind of like the Giants have OTAs before training camp. I'll go see the (s)Hitmen once or twice. I was a season ticket holder for the USFL, but that was a real league with lots of talent.

I think there was a 30 for 30 about the reason that league failed. . . hmm, who or what could possible ruin this?

1 minute ago, supremebve said:

I think there was a 30 for 30 about the reason that league failed. . . hmm, who or what could possible ruin this?

Duh, Dick Ebersol. Why do you think he isn't involved this time?

Just now, Craig H said:

Duh, Dick Ebersol. Why do you think he isn't involved this time?

The USFL, not the original XFL.  It is common knowledge that Trump pretty much sabotaged the league by trying to sell it to the NFL instead of trying to actually make a profitable league.