DVDVR Message Board

2018 DOCUMENTARY Thread

RIPPA

Also - not did I not realize that there was a Super Size Me 2 but I didn't realize that YouTube Red dropped it and it was yanked from Sundance after Morgan Spurlock admitted to sexual assault.

Way too much to keep track of it all

Abacus is up for an Academy Award for Best Documentary.

I hate you for introducing me to that movie.   It was totally awesome and I think I was angry at life and justice for about a week.

• 3 weeks later...

Jonestown: The Women Behind The Massacre

Premieres February 26 at 9pm ET/PT on A&E

This documentary will probably infuriate me just as much as the ABC documentary on Waco did, but I doubt it will induce the amounts of pure rage that the PBS documentary on Jonestown did.

• 4 weeks later...

This Garry Shandling 2 part documentary is incredible.  Maybe the most detail thing I have seen not only about a comedian's history but how he dealt with every single thing.  I remember the Larry Sanders but had no idea that most of the show was him kind of letting off steam emotionally about what is going on his world.  Doing an entire season with a storyline that is almost 100% based on the lawsuit he was having with his agent is brilliant.    He was an extremely flawed man but not in a mean spirited way. 

It looks like they are doing a similar 2 part documentary on Elvis as well.  Can't really wait on that one

Tonight I am looking to this one on Showtime kind of about the birth of new wave music on the radio.  Although not sure I would include Billy Idol but oh well

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

If this was mentioned already I missed it

RBG

When I saw the letters RBG in a giant font, I was expecting some crazy Pan African documentary about Cheikh Anta Diop and Garveyism. I got hyped for just a second before I came to the realization my RBG ain't what they're talking about. I can't say I expected RUTH BADER GINSBURG.