DVDVR Message Board

History of FMW

BAHU

• 3 weeks later...

History of FMW Volume 29 is up going over the first half of 2003 with clips and pictures. We go over Kodo Fuyuki passing away before he could have the match he wanted against Shinya Hashimoto. Kintaro Kanemura takes his place in a No Ropes Exploding Barbed wire Death Match and Fuyuki's urn is inserted into the match in a memorable scene. Mr. Gannosuke's WMF continues to struggle as their Korakuen Hall number goes down and Atsushi Onita begins working for Riki Choshu's World Japan as well as much more.

Edited by BAHU

• 3 weeks later...

History of FMW Volume 30 is up going the second half of 2003 with clips and pictures. We go over WMF and WEW working together and forming the Apache Army who immediately go to war with ZERO1 in a series of awesome matches that brings back some of the passionate FMW fans. Atsushi Onita goes up against The Great Sasuke in a Exploding Barbed wire Death Match with a series of spectacular explosion spots as well as cover some smaller indies like WWS and 666 and much more.

Edited by BAHU

Nope, not obvious. Since this is a History of FMW thread and the music videos have not been mentioned once and I don't consider the music videos to be Career Retrospectives since there is no words being used to give a retrospective, I did not think you were referring to the music videos.

So to me the joke was, "Nobody cares about these, so when are you going to do a video on something else obviously no one will care about"

I actually hate making these videos as so many countless hours and resources have to go into them and I have to hear myself talk so much - but I know I am the only one capable of making them at the quality that they are. I personally feel like these are at the level of the top wrestling podcasts just simply the topic is not going to catch as much attention as say a Lapsed Fan where they are going over WWF instead of FMW. So to spend so much time on something that really isn't fun for me but for the niche people that are into the topic, I really was not feeling someone trying to put themselves over with a dick joke which is what the internet at this point is.

• 2 weeks later...

History of FMW Volume 31 is up going over the entire year of 2004 with clips and pictures. WMF holds its last show at Korakuen Hall as it has to be restructured to a small indie by the second half of the year. Fuyuki Army closes down after the final Kawasaki Stadium show on May 5th takes places. Kanemura and Gannosuke split up. Kanemura starts up the Apache Army promotion and a sad update on Hayabusa as well as much more. 

Edited by BAHU

• 2 weeks later...

I registered just to complain about your youtube account getting nuked. I've been watching through these and really enjoy them. I hope you continue them in some capacity as I've especially enjoyed the post-FMW stuff as there's a lot of it I've never seen or heard of before like the Mr. Pogo fishing lure match in WWS just as an example. Anyway, hope you get the old eps reuploaded somewhere soon (vimeo?) and great stuff!

History of FMW Volume 31: 2004 is back up. It is the only episode back up. It will be awhile before I can get every episode back up and they will have to be unlisted sadly and I will probably have to post them to something like google drive and some other places. The co-host also quit so not a good week for the show.

Edited by BAHU

A lawfirm in Japan that probably Samurai TV hires to look through YouTube channels to get their stuff taken down.

Which would be fine but they went after my account which is just clips and shows no full matches or shows from their network and there are still several channels that are way more popular because they have tons of full Samurai TV matches on their channel. Just YouTube search Jun Kasai and the first match you see be a Jun Kasai match that aired on Samurai a month ago and already has more views than 98% of my videos. 

Like I mentioned earlier, I am working on creating another account to put these videos. If they come after me again I will probably have to hide everything and you can only find the videos on a place like here or on my site. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

History of FMW Volume 32 is up going over the year 2005. I go over how Kintaro Kanemura and the Apache Army feud with one another after Riki Choshu is made leader of the group. WMF continues to decline as their sponsor pulls out for good while Mr. Gannosuke and Mammoth Sasaki have two brutal matches with one another to end their feud. I cover the STOP THE MATSUNAGA angle that went on through out the second half of 2005 in ZERO1 as well going over small Mr. Pogo WWS, Tarzan Goto, and 666 shows as well as much more.

Edited by BAHU
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

History of FMW Volume 33 is up going over the year of 2006 with clips and pictures. The Apache Army goes to war with New Japan for the entire year first with Jushin Liger, Jado, and Gedo and then against Togi Makabe. Mr. Gannosuke tries to push the younger wrestlers in WMF while feuding with Poison Sawada in Union Pro. Mr. Pogo and Tarzan Goto reunite their rivalry with some interesting stipulation matches. Hayabusa visits America and goes backstage at a WWE show, Matsunaga returns to ZERO1 and much more. This episode is a good look at the whole landscape of the Japanese independent scene in 2006. If you have not watched these yet and have the littlest bit of interest in this topic you should check these out. I really put a lot of time and passion into these to make them as good as possible and I have gotten very positive feedback from those that have watched them.

Edited by BAHU

• 4 weeks later...

It was just one bad clip that was actually already on YouTube but apparently the station it aired banned anyone else from using it on YouTube. Every video is also on the History of FMW Facebook page if there's ever issues with YouTube. Just search History of FMW on it. 

History of FMW Volume 34 is up going over the year of 2007 with clips and pictures. The feud between Kanemura and Togi Makabe concludes after a year over the WEW Title. Mammoth Sasaki begins to get pushed as the top guy in the Apache Army while Yuko Miyamoto begins to burst on the scene with his match of the year against Takashi Sasaki in Big Japan. 666 holds one of their craziest shows ever while WMF begins to push the Kitten Kid as a focal point in their storylines. Also, Onita announces he is not going to run again for the Japanese Diet after it comes out he is involved in a sex scandal as well as Mike Awesome would end up passing away.

Please give these a chance if you have not already! A lot of time and passion has gone into these and there's a lot of stuff in here that is not common knowledge. I mean it's no Eric Bischoff discussing stuff you've already heard about million times over the last 20 years except now wrong, but what is?

Edited by BAHU

• 1 month later...

History of FMW Volume 35 - going over the first half of 2008 with clips and pictures. We go over all the details surrounding Kanemura's sexual harassment scandal including it resulting it in his Apache Army promotion closing down. Onita begins teaming with Riki Choshu and interjects himself in a feud with Kanemura. Mammoth Sasaki continues his hot streak of awesome WEW Heavyweight Titles matches, Mr. Gannosuke announces his retirement and much more.

Edited by BAHU

History of FMW Volume 36 is up going over the second half of 2008. Mr. Gannosuke joins the Apache Army promotion on his road to retirement and starts up the FMW Legends Army as they go up against the Apache Army. Mr. Gannosuke also decides to close down WMF before his retirement as well. Kintaro Kanemura starts up his XWF promotion and we go over how that worked out as well as Atsushi Onita and his FMW nostalgia promotion and Yuko Miyamoto challenes for the Big Japan Death Match Heavyweight Title and much more more. 

Edited by BAHU