DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game, v.52

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, evilwaldo said:

Just going to say that if we were healthy it would have been a blowout of the Pats.

Probably unlikely given that all of the Super Bowls with Brady starting have been decided by one score either way.  They've not shipped a 2TD loss in the playoffs since getting Flaccoed in the Ravens SB run. 

Happy to have a do-over once Hightower, Edelman, and co are also fit ;)

19 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Romo is an awesome color commentator. He’s really good with Nantz. I think he would’ve done great with Michaels. He isn’t your conventional color guy either, it’s like watching a game with a friend. 

I'll tell you what I think it is, Romo talks about the game rather than the "storylines."  It may be the lack of sleep and everything, but I swear they actually talked about "storylines" during the commentary yesterday as if it were a work.

• Like 2

The consensus in the area from people I've spoken to (besides that Collingsworth can eat a dick) is that they would have listened to Merrill Reece instead of the television commentators, but the radio broadcast was a bit behind the game. 

15 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

That Reece got to call a SuperBowl win is the cap of an amazing career for him.

If someone can post his call of the end of the game that would be awesome. He is one of the all time greatest announcers ever, so glad he got the chance to call an Iggles Super Bowl triumph.

The game winning touchdown was the kind of call that seems to go either way in the NFL (he didn't have possession any more clearly than the infamous Dez Bryant non-catch)

But if one wants to blame the officials, the first controversial touchdown was the bad call. He didn't have control when his first foot came down and was out of bounds and that's the kind of play that always gets ruled no catch.

Not playing Butler is clearly the biggest/strangest story here though. Maybe he could've, you know, at least played in the slot instead of Chung who got ate alive by Aglohor.

A friend of mine said something to me that was funny. Who knows if he stole it from somewhere else, but he said "would it surprise you if you had to travel through a trans-dimensional portal to get to Philly?" It wouldn't surprise me, but I'm still happy for their fans that their team won.

• Like 1

Random aside and I am not checking this disaster of a thread to see if it was mentioned already but

The NFC East is now the only division where all four of its members have won a Super Bowl

(In fact the AFC East and AFC West are the only other divisions where 3 of their members have won Super Bowls)

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Random aside and I am not checking this disaster of a thread to see if it was mentioned already but

The NFC East is now the only division where all four of its members have won a Super Bowl

(In fact the AFC East and AFC West are the only other divisions where 3 of their members have won Super Bowls)

NFC West has 3 as well.

Yeah, I forget about the St. Louis Rams too.

I've lived within minutes of Philly my entire life and I try not to go there more than a couple of times a year. Still happy for everyone, as South Jersey is Eagles country by virtue of basically being Philadelphia suburbs, and most of my friends and family are ecstatic. But yeah, Philly is going to Philly. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well, until the annual Brand Split Team Draft, anyway. Who knows what division or conference the NFC East teams will be in, this year?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

NFC West has 3 as well.

Yeah, I forget about the St. Louis Rams too.

Yeah - because I forgot Vermil coached them.

I was like "The Rams made a Super Bowl but since Jeff Fisher was the coach clearly they never won!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - because I forgot Vermil coached them.

I was like "The Rams made a Super Bowl but since Jeff Fisher was the coach clearly they never won!"

Jeff Fisher coached the opposition, which might explain how they won.

And definitely explains our subconscious attempt to asterisk it.

• Haha 3