DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game, v.52

Dolfan in NYC

I'll be stuffing my face with plenty of food so it's not all bad.   But..   let's take a moment to remember Terrell Owens playing awesome against the Pats on a fucked leg.  He deserves to be in the hall of fame just on that performance alone.  Put him in this year,  idiots.   Of course,  the game was choked away.  I expect this result will be no different. 

If it were any other team, I would say that Foles could catch you off guard if you look past him and think this Eagles offense isn't much to worry about.

But this is the Patriots we're talking about. Hell, remember the FU season why Bill Belichick kept going for FU touchdowns when so many games were already out of reach? This may be the FU Super Bowl.

If there weren’t already enough obvious reasons for people to put aside their Phillly hate and get behind the obvious heroes in this scenario, the Patriots just announced they’ll be wearing their all white gear. Wow, that’s so on the nose I’m wondering if Kraft will be wearing his hood.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2018 at 1:35 PM, evilwaldo said:

Remember the second time Rocky faced Apollo?

So based on this logic does the Eagles win the Super Bowl and then Dick Vermeil or some other beloved Eagle dies in 2018 in horrible fashion?

Has there ever been a Super Bowl where both teams are just universally hated by the majority of the country except for their own fans.  It is like watching Duke vs Duke in the Super Bowl.  

11 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Over/under on how many points the Pats are trailing by when they benefit from the first of many chickenshit 50 yard pass interference penalties?

30, just to make it different from last year's comeback.

On one hand, I want Philly to win, because fuck the Patriots.  On the other hand, I want the Patriots to win, because fuck the Steelers. 

With apologies to @J.T., Steelers fans are insufferable about their six championships.  "HURRR WELL WE HAVE SIX RINGS" is their nonsensical answer to every criticism.  Shit, I once had a coworker cheer for Pittsburgh's hated rival, Baltimore, in Super Bowl XLVII because he didn't want to see San Fran tie the record.  That's how much that bullshit achievement means to them.They live and die by it, so it would be fun to see even a hated team chip away at Pittsburgh' fans' only respite. 

• Like 4

On 1/30/2018 at 2:56 PM, Technico Support said:

On one hand, I want Philly to win, because fuck the Patriots.  On the other hand, I want the Patriots to win, because fuck the Steelers. 

With apologies to @J.T., Steelers fans are insufferable about their six championships.  "HURRR WELL WE HAVE SIX RINGS" is their nonsensical answer to every criticism.  Shit, I once had a coworker cheer for Pittsburgh's hated rival, Baltimore, in Super Bowl XLVII because he didn't want to see San Fran tie the record.  That's how much that bullshit achievement means to them.They live and die by it, so it would be fun to see even a hated team chip away at Pittsburgh' fans' only respite. 

You mean the same "Count our rings!" shit Giants and Cowboy fans pull out with Eagles fans everytime the Eagles win or finish above NY and Dallas?  

• Like 4