DVDVR Message Board

Fight Kits, USADA, TV Rights Fees, & Fighter Union Table Scrap Chaos (Bones is Back in Town)

Elsalvajeloco

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of the biggest reveals to me was that Jon's management forged his signature to document that Jon completed the USADA training. And then this motherfucker is up there trying to act shook about his career and whatever. This dude is such a phoney and pathological liar. He just won't admit to anything, going so far as to say that he deserves a second chance.

Deserves ain't got nothing to do with it and this is like the dude's 3rd or 4th chance. 

Jon Jones the person fucking sucks.

17 minutes ago, Craig H said:

One of the biggest reveals to me was that Jon's management forged his signature to document that Jon completed the USADA training.

TBH I think that would be the case for a whole slew of fighters if they were required to do some type of learning course. Folks already don't want to deal with USADA as is. To me, that's not really a revelation. 

13 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

Okay, legal question: is that USADA form official enough that Jones and/or his manager could be in serious legal trouble for falsifying his signature?

Based on what I said above, I doubt anyone is seeking litigation over that. Are they going to go after the guy who fights for 6 and 6 on the undercard off TV who flunked a test and had to do it too? That's more trouble than it's worth.

So all these months later, and the best defense he can come up with is "Science is kicking my ass."  That's not a defense.  And he also paid money to the Anderson Silva PED expert.  Why?  

Where is Malki Kawa in this?  This yet again seriously shines a light on how bad he is as a manager.   But considering Jones is a repeat offender, CSAC basically let him off easy.

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

So all these months later, and the best defense he can come up with is "Science is kicking my ass."  That's not a defense.  And he also paid money to the Anderson Silva PED expert.  Why?  

Where is Malki Kawa in this?  This yet again seriously shines a light on how bad he is as a manager.   But considering Jones is a repeat offender, CSAC basically let him off easy.

The inherent problem with kinda the focus of what was going to happen in the CSAC meeting yesterday is if they're leaning on what happens with USADA, then what else could they possibly do short of a Jon Jones admission? This goes especially with the facts involved. Even if he could produce a tainted supplement he declared on his forms with Turinabol, the same thing was going to happen. We don't know how it got in his system...he contends he doesn't know either...uh stalemate? 

Shit, that's the best possible defense for Jon if that's all they can come up with.

His own lawyer said this: "

4 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

The inherent problem with kinda the focus of what was going to happen in the CSAC meeting yesterday is if they're leaning on what happens with USADA, then what else could they possibly do short of a Jon Jones admission? This goes especially with the facts involved. Even if he could produce a tainted supplement he declared on his forms with Turinabol, the same thing was going to happen. We don't know how it got in his system...he contends he doesn't know either...uh stalemate? 

Shit, that's the best possible defense for Jon if that's all they can come up with.

Lying is always the best defense.

Polygraphs are also bullshit. They aren't admissible.

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

Lying is always the best defense.

That's a bit of oversimplification. For whatever reason, people have a hard on for folks on the commission (Pat Lundvall not included) and their ability to grill people. When Marnell joined the Nevada commission, people thought he was going to be the tough cop. Then, it turns out Marnell is probably a stooge along with the rest of them. Enter this Shen-Urquidez lady. If they were going to see Jon first, they could've set the example by throwing the book at him. However, if the determination is he's either careless or cheater, I mean what does that say about California's ability to present a case against someone who has past offenses? Catching someone in a lie or a series of lies is one thing. If you do that AND more importantly present a case that they knowingly took this substance in some shape or form, they're completely dead to rights. Otherwise, it's just chest thumping and a long ass lecture before doing something you had no choice but to do. You need to have both to be truly effective. IMO it was just more of the same.  In addition, it just makes USADA more powerful if people delegate to them.

If USADA is more powerful, the fighters have no chance in hell. If I was someone on the UFC roster, I wouldn't be worried about the Jon Jones shame parade as much as the anointing of USADA as the almighty PED regulation overlord.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

You look at Oleksiejczuk and Khalil, I would not have guessed it'd be Oleksiejczuk pissing hot. 

On the other hand, a fighter in their mind feels like he can justify taking something by believing he has to be on a PED to compete against a Khalil Rountree. So the eye test isn't really the most logical thing.

True. I really want Rountree to succeed but his cardio and takedown defence really look like they'll keep him from being a success in the UFC. They've been his weaknesses dating back to his time in the regional circuit and he still hasn't managed to address them. 

• Like 1