DVDVR Message Board

THE GOOD PLACE THREAD

Brian Fowler

On 12/7/2018 at 9:24 AM, JonnyLaw said:

Ok, so I go over to Good Place Reddit to see theories and stuff since there’s not much discussion here beyond how great the show is. One thing someone pointed out is that the revelation that no one has gone to the Good Place since 1497 means that Mindy St.Clair is the “best” person since then.

Another theory that I’m now fully subscribing to makes so much sense to me that I’m going to spoiler it. It is in regards to how the system is corrupted: 

Hide contents

If Michael is a demon who has turned good and wants to fix the system, it stands to reason that a Good Placer could turn bad (not the first time an angel would have done so) and corrupt the system.

I liek that spoiled theory. It makes sense and I was kind of wondering the same when I caught this week's episode last night.

On 12/7/2018 at 11:31 AM, Craig H said:

Not to make it sound weird, but I'd jump at the chance to be a Janet for a day. Think about it...You know EVERYTHING and can make ANYTHING appear. That's awesome. I could get so much done in an hour.

Yeah but having that much knowledge without being a Janet might drive you crazy. 

• 4 weeks later...

So the reveal of the “flaw” in the points system was foreshadowed by Chidi thinking he went to hell due to the negative complications of using almond milk, as well as Mindi St.Clair being the closest person to getting into the Good Place due to the positive consequences of her charity.

I have never seen a show before where the writers constantly come up with a plot line that feels like it has be the conclusion of the show, yet it not only extends the plot but gives it new life. Ted Danson is so damn good and his frustration with the committee(hey, paul scheer!) was tremendous

The podcast for last night's episode was pretty interesting. Of note, they were going to reveal either last season or in season 1 that the bad place knew that no one was going to the good place. Someone thought that would be jumping the gun way too soon to divulge that information and so it was saved until this season.

I’ve changed my mind, now I think Doug Forcett will be one of the four, which would be a smart play by Shawn.  Doug’s whole reason for self sacrifice was to get into the Good Place. Once he thinks he’s in, he won’t have any motivation or incentive to improve. 

• Like 1

So, Marc Evan Jackson told a story on the podcast about how Jason Mantzoukas always tries to get him to break. So he apparently went at him really hard in this episode when Jason had the martini glass full of olives. Jason would keep getting closer and closer to Marc's face whenever they were out of the shot, at one point touching his face with the glass.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I can’t recall those two sharing a scene on this show before this episode. Their interactions on B99 must have been pretty limited as well. 

I'm not sure they have ever interacted on B99.

On 1/18/2019 at 2:08 PM, JonnyLaw said:

Am I alone in thinking Simone will be one of the four new humans?

Me during tonight’s episode: “Oh cool, I was right.”

Also me during tonight’s episode: “NO! How could you do this to Eleanor and Chidi! No!”

• Like 2

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I had to rewatch the episode because of my loud, wailing sobs during the highlights of Eleanor and Chidi distracting me from the final act. Possibly the worst ugly cry I've had at a TV comedy ever.