DVDVR Message Board

THE GOOD PLACE THREAD

Brian Fowler

I am not 100 percent sure I buy every choice Eleanor makes in the finale, but it's such a great, dense piece of character comedy that I don't care much.  I am simultaneously angry that it's already over and glad that NBC are willing to do 13-episode seasons for shows it believes in rather than taking the CW tack of "This was a hit at 13 episodes, you need to come up with 18 next year."

I think they could have done a twenty episode season and found a more satisfying conclusion. With the way they burn thru storylines, I don't think life on Earth is going to be long term. I'm kinda curious how far in advance they plot out the show. 

Not saying this as a complaint, I  just think it could have went a little longer. 

I am sad I won't hear any more Blake Bortles references on prime time television for awhile. If he ever makes a guest appearance on this show, I might start going along with Fowler that this is the best show ever!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I know I'm in the minority, but the Good Place podcast sounds like something that will be playing 24/7 when I die and go to the Bad Place.

I don't hate the show, but I find it mildly, sporadically amusing when everyone else finds it classic comedy.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/8/2018 at 1:09 PM, Player One said:

I know I'm in the minority, but the Good Place podcast sounds like something that will be playing 24/7 when I die and go to the Bad Place.

I don't hate the show, but I find it mildly, sporadically amusing when everyone else finds it classic comedy.  

I don't really watch it as a comedy. It does produce a big laugh every so often. But the main event is the story and characters.  The Trolley question episode did crack me up from beginning to end.

Since it is in the Parks and Rec universe, I was wondering on my rewatch (Parks and Rec) where the cast would end up. Based on the standards we have seen. I think only Ben and Garry/Terry/Jerry would go to the Good Place. With everyone else in the Bad Place.  At least based on the info we have. 

The sneak peek aired on NBC tonight, why would you need a phone recording of it?

I kinda want it to be a bonus feature on the S3 DVD.  It doesn't really add anything we haven't seen already in the final episode.