DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR 4 OFF: KING OF THE RING 2000

RIPPA

Val always had the Perfect Plex as a backup finisher. They eve gave it to him in the Aki games as a finisher. 

A “Gene Likes Men” sign is held up. You do you Gene. Get better friends. Hopefully ones who weren’t chanting “We Want Puppies”. Wrestling fans are the worst. Then. Now. Forever.

Oh so you hate dogs. 

19 minutes ago, Ace said:

I'm guessing the MYC and CWC doesn't count for Rippa's tournaments of 32?

well, he addressed that in the article:

I am really kinda curious when the last time the WWF/WWE (not the Network special stuff) ran a tournament this big

So I got curious about the match times after reading this.

The four quarterfinal matches ran a total of about 25 and a half minutes. If they would've just shunted them all too TV, then you could have had 7 matches (maybe book one or two more with the eliminated guys?) on a three hour show instead of eleven and then, you know, maybe you wouldn't have needed to have five matches under five minutes (plus another one that fell just short of six.) Jesus, and this is after Russo left.

I liked Morley a lot. If they hadn't immediately gone wild with the Venis premise they could have hit the brakes on it a little and made him more of a Rude type of character. Maybe he'd have gotten further with it. Although I suppose he's in that camp of good mechanics that were outclassed by the elite talent coming in from WCW and always had a ceiling. 

I think they kind of tried to turn the Val character by having him being a prick to women but it wouldn't take because no one cared about Ryan Shamrock or Mrs. Yamaguchi.  Or because it was the nineties and we were all wearing black Affliction shirts and getting barbed wire tats.  

Pat Patterson is in the back bitching that there are no dresses in his size. Oh God Fucking Dammit – this is the fucking show with the motherfucking Pat Patterson/Gerry Brisco Evening Gown Match. Aww hell no. Fuck 

So you're saying you're dragphobic?

This is the greatest review ever. 

• Like 1

• RIPPA unfeatured and unpinned this topic