NXT TAKEOVER - PHILADELPHIA

Dolfan in NYC

Spoilered until everything airs:

For the NXT Championship: Andrade 'Cien' Almas (c) vs. Johnny Gargano

For the NXT Women's Championship: Ember Moon (c) vs. Shayna Baszler

For the NXT Tag Team Championship: The Undisputed Era (c) vs. Authors of Pain

Extreme Rules Match: Adam Cole (baby) vs. Aleister Black

---

I'd say it's a lock that Ciampa comes back and costs Gargano the match, even if he's not ready yet.  I also doubt Black, Moon, or Undisputed are losing.  Though I will say, Cole/Black should be the proverbial bees knees. 

Spoiler

What if Ciampa comes back to KO Gargano after he wins the title to build to Ciampa vs Gargano for the title in Chicago?

That would be some epic storytelling.

The above is regarding the title match and something you predicted.

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The above is regarding the title match and something you predicted.

Spoiler

That'd be fine.  But I think you lose flexibility.  By having Ciampa cost him the title and having Black win, you go straight to New Orleans with:  Ciampa/Gargano for the #1 Contender and Almas/Black for the title.  Cole/TUE take on Strong/Mystery Partners  (debuting War Machine)

8 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:
  Hide contents

What if Ciampa actually costs Almas the title, then lords it over Gargano that he can’t win a title without him.

Of course, he also attacks him after the match.

This makes a lot more sense to me.

While I think Undisputed retains, I think they lose the actual match due to Sanity interference because otherwise there is no realistic reason AoP shouldn't turn them into paste. Moon retaining seems like the obvious choice, but I kind of see Shayna winning and then beating her again in Chicago. Ember is ready for the main roster, and its hard to imagine them having one of the horsewomen go down this quick. I can see Shayna getting a run with the belt torturing everyone for 3-5 months until someone, maybe Kairi or Cross, finally beats her.

As of last night they announced the matches that were in the spoiler tags so I think we are okay to discuss without putting things in them anymore.

I'm particularly looking forward to Black/Cole.  It being in Philly if they want to do it right they'll need to steal the show, but I feel they have it in them to do that.  As for Moon/Shayna I feel it's way too soon for Ember to lose the title.  But I'm having a hard thinking of a way for Baszler to lose that doesn't kill her momentum dead.  And DQ/countout won't cut it in this instance.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

As for Moon/Shayna I feel it's way too soon for Ember to lose the title.  But I'm having a hard thinking of a way for Baszler to lose that doesn't kill her momentum dead.  And DQ/countout won't cut it in this instance.

I agree. The only way out seems like a DQing Baszler for kicking too much ass but that might hurt Moon when she needs prove herself. Or maybe they'll give Shayna the title as part of the build for a Four Horsewomen match at Mania. Really tough to call.

• Like 1

NXT seems to book matches where neither party should be losing quite often. Ember is a pretender and needs to prove the doubters wrong but Baszler should absolutely destroy anybody and everybody at this stage. 

Now all I want is for Roddy to start doing Bob Holly's "Super Heavyweight" gimmick where he challenges monsters, carries a scale around and insists he's 400 lbs.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

Either go to this or my soon to be 5 year old birthday party.

Your child will have plenty of birthdays ahead, but you only get one chance to go to Takeover- Philadelphia. You know the right answer.

• Like 1