DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER - PHILADELPHIA

Dolfan in NYC

I really want to do a big rundown on all the greatest matches in NXT history and come up with a list of my personal top 20-25 NXT matches ever or so. Figuring my interest in wrestling is slowly dying over time, maybe that will really bring me back. I'm curious on rewatch if Gargano/Almas can still top my other best NXT matches in history (Banks-Lynch, Banks-Bayley, Both DIY-Revival matches)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, El Dragon said:

I really want to do a big rundown on all the greatest matches in NXT history and come up with a list of my personal top 20-25 NXT matches ever or so. Figuring my interest in wrestling is slowly dying over time, maybe that will really bring me back. I'm curious on rewatch if Gargano/Almas can still top my other best NXT matches in history (Banks-Lynch, Banks-Bayley, Both DIY-Revival matches)

I had a go at a top 20 NXT Matches a few days ago. Haven't posted it yet. Be good to see others.

On 1/31/2018 at 9:14 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Instead of going on Dailymotion and trying to find Almas/Gargano I watched fucking Crazy Crusher vs. Hell Storm. Let's just say the 25 minutes were not wasted. I mean, where else are you gonna see a guy piledriven off a ladder onto the top turnbuckle and have both guys just drop onto the floor recklessly? 

Oh, and that wasn't a DVD onto those two ladders -- that was a freakin' Falcon Arrow. And I think that fall was even worse because they bounced higher.

I unironically love this match, warts and all. Phil refuses to watch it. He said he'd watch it when I visit him in Colorado. But it is seriously the most death defying wrestling match I've ever seen. Both men should have left it crippled. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2018 at 10:25 AM, Beech27 said:

If we're invoking real sports, Mauro has a tendency to treat every big spot in every match like Ray Hudson treats an 89th minute Messi goal that breaks a 2-2 tie. ~Magisterial~

(And I don't really mind, to be honest.)

God bless that magical smoked Scottish salmon breaching from the rapids.