DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] JANUARY 17, 2018 TV SHOW

RIPPA

I think I might be one of the few who might like Lacey turning heel. I love her look, but I just don't get the whole classic pinup girl thing. I think she has potential to be something good, so maybe this will be something good.

I too was rooting for the Street Prophets. I love AOP, but Street Prophets vs. Undisputed Era just would be a much better match. Hopefully they get the next title shot around the Takeover at Wrestlemania show.

Last week, Lars called out Killian Dain and now this week Roddy called out Lars. Poor Roddy is gonna get splattered so we can see the ultimate hoss battle.

29 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

I think I might be one of the few who might like Lacey turning heel. I love her look, but I just don't get the whole classic pinup girl thing. I think she has potential to be something good, so maybe this will be something good.

I too was rooting for the Street Prophets. I love AOP, but Street Prophets vs. Undisputed Era just would be a much better match. Hopefully they get the next title shot around the Takeover at Wrestlemania show.

Last week, Lars called out Killian Dain and now this week Roddy called out Lars. Poor Roddy is gonna get splattered so we can see the ultimate hoss battle.

Yeah, Lacey is still puzzling to me. Her look and backstory proclaim "babyface", but her mannerisms and ring-work scream "heel".  I think it may be an uphill battle to get the concept over with a larger audience, (I mean would you buy Marlyn Monroe, Bettie Page, or Jayne Mansfield as a heel?) Hopefully she can pull it off, it's something fresh and different, and I'm always good with that.

Absolutely agree that Street Prophets vs. Undisputed Era would be a more entertaining match, but I don't think it's the Street Prophets time just yet, give 'em another 4-6 months.

Yeah, poor Roddy, how to become a footnote in one easy step... Lars vs. Killian is something I can't wait to see. Lars has been impressive and Killian is the most agile big guy I've seen since Bam Bam Bigelow at his peak and I'll go so far as to say that I think Killian Dain is even more fluid in the ring.

44 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Yeah, Lacey is still puzzling to me. Her look and backstory proclaim "babyface", but her mannerisms and ring-work scream "heel".  I think it may be an uphill battle to get the concept over with a larger audience, (I mean would you buy Marlyn Monroe, Bettie Page, or Jayne Mansfield as a heel?) Hopefully she can pull it off, it's something fresh and different, and I'm always good with that.

Absolutely agree that Street Prophets vs. Undisputed Era would be a more entertaining match, but I don't think it's the Street Prophets time just yet, give 'em another 4-6 months.

Yeah, poor Roddy, how to become a footnote in one easy step... Lars vs. Killian is something I can't wait to see. Lars has been impressive and Killian is the most agile big guy I've seen since Bam Bam Bigelow at his peak and I'll go so far as to say that I think Killian Dain is even more fluid in the ring.

Sometimes that dissonance can make for a good heel though.

This episode really came off like old/classic NXT.

Not the first time Lacy has shown her heel side; she's never really solidify her character before so this isn't exactly that a surprise of a heel turn either. Now she needs to double down on her drill sergeant/military hardass.

The pin-up look does not sell her character whatsoever, if anything it takes away from it and confuses the audience. If she insists on the pin-up look, they cold easily military uniform it up... man, that'll look so much better.

Oh shi--- she'd be a great manager for incoming War Machine team!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, turk128 said:

The pin-up look does not sell her character whatsoever, if anything it takes away from it and confuses the audience. If she insists on the pin-up look, they cold easily military uniform it up... man, that'll look so much better.

She actually already has a couple at the ready

• Like 1

I don't know anyone that names every single one of their kids with a "Y' in the end is pretty heelish to me.   Although saying "whatever the hell that is" compared to Ember Moon was awkward.

Someone need to explain to me why that one guy in the blue shirt and glasses is ALWAYS hanging around the Street Profits.  In most of their promos.  Always waving the Street Profits flag. Even hanging out at the Atlanta tapings.  I guess we know that San Antonio is the limit where he will follow them.   He has to be a NXT employee because it is borderline stalkish

The biggest problem with TM61 is that their reputation in Japan which deserved them a chance in NXT is the complete opposite of how they are portrayed in NXT.    Like people have mentioned they are Dudebusters 2.0 

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

Someone need to explain to me why that one guy in the blue shirt and glasses is ALWAYS hanging around the Street Profits.  In most of their promos.  Always waving the Street Profits flag. Even hanging out at the Atlanta tapings.  I guess we know that San Antonio is the limit where he will follow them.   He has to be a NXT employee because it is borderline stalkish

Their equivalent of Sign Guy Dudley?