DVDVR Message Board

The 2017 rec.sport.pro-wrestling Awards

RSPWawardz

Hi, everybody (and I hope I'm posting this in the right place):

The 2017 rec.sport.pro-wrestling Awards are live for voting and will be open until February 9th. You can vote here.

As probably many DVDVR members remember, the Awards are the oldest fan awards in wrestling, dating back to 1990 when Herb Kunze started the whole thing. At this point there are actually wrestlers who have won Awards (Sasha Banks in 2015 for Most Favorite Wrestler, Best Match and Best Feud; Alexa Bliss in 2016 for Most Improved Wrestler) who are younger than the Awards themselves. Which, once you get over the bit where you realize that you are old now, is pretty cool.

The DVDVR forums weren't nominated for Best Wrestling Media, but you can always write them in. Hope that you guys vote and have fun!

(I'm honestly not sure how many current board members date back to the Usenet days when CRZ was still running things, but I figured some of them must not yet be dead...)

1 hour ago, RSPWawardz said:

(I'm honestly not sure how many current board members date back to the Usenet days when CRZ was still running things, but I figured some of them must not yet be dead...)

Sadly - more than you can probably imagine

So very old...

• Like 2

Just now, bobholly138 said:

RSPW still exists but it is a cesspool.

So nothing has really changed in the last 15 or so years.

I mean if not for RSPW I never would've read my first DVDVR but still, that place was toxic even back in the day

James

6 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Time machine?

I think you can access it through Google groups.  They are at least archived there because I went back to find my posting of a WCW show I went to at the Forum at MSG and various old ECW arena reports.

6 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Is that sabu guy still running around with his ISNIDER NEWZ?!

Ah, Keith Carrot aka sabu424, a low-level Tesco employee in charge of maintaining the aisle containing boxed cereals. Several people tired of his "isnider newz" used to drive him to distraction by threatening to visit his store, turn all the cereal boxes upside-down and then complain to management about the cereal aisle being in disarray. Poor lad was terrified that this would take place and he'd be fired as apparently he was no stranger to being called on the carpet for general incompetence, he remained totally oblivious of the fact that the people threatening to enact this fiendish plot were all in the USA, whereas Mr. Carrot was a resident of the UK. Things did get to be rather funny when someone hit on the idea of cross-posting all of his posts to alt.usenet.kooks, drawing in just the sort of people that you might imagine.

So old, so very old...

• Haha 1