DVDVR Message Board

WWE RAW 25, 22nd January 2018

The Natural

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Of course birds are over. They’re birds.

Birds. Dirty... disgusting... filthy... lice-ridden birds. You used to be able to sit out on the stoop like a person. Not anymore! No, sir! birds!

• Like 1

That was about what I expected with nothing super interesting happening. The first hour was decent enough.

12 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Poor Revival.

Plus that's a match that could be great if it didn't go just two minutes.

I don't recall Gallows and Anderson approaching anything resembling a great match in WWE and never heard about them doing so in Japan.

Enjoyed the ICOPRO banners being there. Was going to say that I enjoyed the old-school neon logo sign till I found it was digitial. BOOOO.

Laughed the hardest at the show going to commercial during Hall's entrance.

And everyone is sleeping on the fact that Curt Hawkins got to be in the parade of legends!

• Like 2

I'm guessing Vicki/Stephanie was pulled from the graphic because they didn't/couldn't get Vicki for the show. Since Vicki never had theme music, she'd have blown up the Barclay Center if they played Eddie's theme instead. And of course they couldn't have Mike Adamle due to his dementia.

5 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

And everyone is sleeping on the fact that Curt Hawkins got to be in the parade of legends!

I noticed that, too. So did Titus Worldwide. Kurt Angle is just a generous GM and wanted legends and current roster members to have a great view for Brock/Braun/Kane.

I know I've made this point a few times in recent years, but when you look at NXT, the Full Sail tournaments, and the UK stuff, it becomes strikingly obvious that the best WWE shows these days are the ones least like WWE shows.

So I really should have been prepared for the disappointment of a WWE show aggressively promoted as the MOST WWE show in years.

At least Reigns vs Miz was predictably awesome.

• Like 3