DVDVR Message Board

WWE RAW 25, 22nd January 2018

The Natural

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Shield Mania squash was exactly what it should have been. Older guys who have lost several steps destroyed by the young guys at their peak.

I thought it was perfect as well.  I think Ambrose revealed on a podcast that the match was supposed to be a lot longer and more competitive.  But then the Hogan/Austin/Rock opener went WAY longer than scripted, so they were told to just kill Kane and the Outlaws.

Holy shit...I never realized that they tape up the ropes. I figured wherever they ordered ropes from they just had some kind of coating on them.

Has there ever been a reason for why WWE uses ropes instead of cables?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Holy shit...I never realized that they tape up the ropes. I figured wherever they ordered ropes from they just had some kind of coating on them.

Even better, right before 205 Live matches on Raw, during commercial breaks, they have the ring crew tape up the ropes purple, then tape them back to Raw colors afterwards.

36 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Has there ever been a reason for why WWE uses ropes instead of cables?

Hemp ropes have more give and are better to run the ropes on.  The downside is that they wear out faster and break easier.  The cables are better for spring board, but are harder on your back.

12 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yes,  it's about 20 guys.  So it doesn't take too long but I did read somewhere they were spending a lot of money on purple tape.  

Yeah they quit doing that around the same time they stopped doing pyro to cut costs.

12 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

It was Vickie Guerrero throwing Stephanie in the pool of brown stuff in her goodbye to Raw

Yes - seriously - https://streamable.com/kz6bx 

So we're retroactively expunging from history the one time not at a Mania Authority Steph got commuppance.  Nice.

It probably has less to do with Steph and more to do with celebrating the anniversary without reminding everyone it's for a show that's had multiple instances of people being thrown into kiddie pools full of sewage. 

10 minutes ago, (BP) said:

It probably has less to do with Steph and more to do with celebrating the anniversary without reminding everyone it's for a show that's had multiple instances of people being thrown into kiddie pools full of sewage. 

Most weeks, there's at least one segment reminiscent of raw sewage.