DVDVR Message Board

WWE RAW 25, 22nd January 2018

The Natural

Just saw this little tidbit

"PWTorch (via SportsKeeda) reports that one of the reasons the Undertaker’s promo at RAW 25 this past Monday seemed so confusing was because ‘Taker was thrown off by how small the Manhattan Center is."

That has to be one of the stupidest bits of "news" I've ever read. Taker wrestled at the Manhattan Center many times before. He was the main event of the first ever RAW from there. Even so, the guy is a professional and could likely kick out a good promo in a small conference room with 6 other people. 

Undertaker's mostly been a shitty promo for his entire career. That was pretty much par for the course for him.

While I didn't love a lot about Bikertaker, that was clearly the period he was most at home on the mic.

• Like 1

Taker's best long promo was when he talked about leaving Big Show in the desert.

Also, the Revival are DOA. Not just because they got beat up by ancient DX/Kliq this week, but because they were given a "we're serious wrestlers who are being held down" gimmick, then got beaten up by ancient DX/Kliq. Wouldn't be surprised if they're the new jobber team now that Gallows/Anderson and Titus Worldwide are getting slight pushes.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Also, the Revival are DOA. Not just because they got beat up by ancient DX/Kliq this week, but because they were given a "we're serious wrestlers who are being held down" gimmick, then got beaten up by ancient DX/Kliq. Wouldn't be surprised if they're the new jobber team now that Gallows/Anderson and Titus Worldwide are getting slight pushes.

Eh, they'll be fine. The jobber team is clearly Slater/Rhyno, who Revival beat upon their return, Revival have gotten squash matches just to get them over, and the WWE almost certainly views "guys that get to stooge for the Klique" as a primo spot - see Slater's run of stooging for legends. He eventually got a tag title run and sustained push even as a comedy guy. I think Revival has a powerful fan in the back - perhaps the guy who runs NXT and has a long documented history of loving the late-80's NWA that Revival are patterned on. They do have to stick around for at least a couple of months before getting hurt if they want to go anywhere, though.

Yes but in his last match, they put it in black and white. He put over the new 'young' star for lack of a better term, cleanly, looked pensive, and then left his gear in the ring and got celebrated as he left.

There was literally no better possible way he could have ever, ever left the business. Like Flair (should have) his send off was 100% ideal and to bring him back for a match would be a travesty (all joking aside). 

Thank You Taker should have been it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Adam said:

Yes but in his last match, they put it in black and white. He put over the new 'young' star for lack of a better term, cleanly, looked pensive, and then left his gear in the ring and got celebrated as he left.

There was literally no better possible way he could have ever, ever left the business. Like Flair (should have) his send off was 100% ideal and to bring him back for a match would be a travesty (all joking aside). 

Thank You Taker should have been it.

I'm a big Undertaker fan and feel same. 'Taker vs. Cena needed to be done at WrestleMania sooner.

On 1/24/2018 at 9:58 AM, CreativeControl said:

Woken Hardy got defeated, makes perfect sense to me that the next stage of this feud given recent developments is for Matt to go fully Broken once again

What makes that character great isn't that he dresses different and talks funny.  It is great because his whole family is in on it.  I will admit I miss Senor Benjamin on my TV.