DVDVR Message Board

WWE RAW 25, 22nd January 2018

The Natural

7 hours ago, България завинаги said:

The Battle Royal would have been over before he took his boots off.

I forgot that The Revival are likely to be the patsys for some old timers. That worked out well for The Ascension lol.

I hate when this company puts fucking nostalgia acts over at the expense of the current roster. I'll never understand some fans desire to have stars of yesteryear, who are obviously not what they used to be have another run. People want nostalgia? WWE has whole a fucking network for nostalgia.

• Like 3

Everyone was bitching about it at the time, but the Outlaws and Kane getting squashed by the Shield at Mania made the Shield guys look like a million bucks and it definitely wouldn't have worked the same way with any of the full-time guys.

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

Wait I just realised isn't Billy Gunn signed to New Japan? How is that gonna work out. Revival vs New Age Outlaws with evival going over would be cool.

Hmmm. Tag team with southern rasslin gimmick going over team where one guy works in WWE front office? 

Magic 8 ball says... unlikely 

Is there a website with decent ongoing Raw live coverage? I usually rely on 411Mania by default, but Tony Acero's Chris Hyatte impersonator impersonator act and constant pronoun disagreement (in any match, there are at least three "him/he's" in the ring, ffs) makes my soul hurt.

15 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Everyone was bitching about it at the time, but the Outlaws and Kane getting squashed by the Shield at Mania made the Shield guys look like a million bucks and it definitely wouldn't have worked the same way with any of the full-time guys.

The Shield Mania squash was exactly what it should have been. Older guys who aren't F/T that have lost several steps destroyed by the young guys at their peak.

11 hours ago, nate said:

Is there a website with decent ongoing Raw live coverage? I usually rely on 411Mania by default, but Tony Acero's Chris Hyatte impersonator impersonator act and constant pronoun disagreement (in any match, there are at least three "him/he's" in the ring, ffs) makes my soul hurt.

WO's coverage isn't great shakes, too. I usually wait for Larry Csonka's recap or just get the HOT TAKES on twitter about shit. 

Should be a noteworthy show. Honestly, this is one of those nights where I don't think anyone needs 15 minute two-segment matches. I want angles, nostalgia and fast paced shit.

Also, not even stating an opinion but anyone surprised that in our current climate regarding abuse against women that no one is surly about Austin being back in the fold? Seems like something that would piss off people.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

The only problem with the Shield match is that it should have taken place on Raw and not at Mania when they could have been involved in something that was actually competitive.

No nostaliga acts on Mania?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Haha 3