DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Why I'm Winning the Royal Rumble - 1/16/18

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Glad to see Roode win. I had a bad feeling we were getting another Jinder title reign from the beginning of the tourney. 

Same here. Brian Fowler be very happy Bobby Roode's the WWE US Champion. I like Roode also, one of the few to get something out of Nak' in WWE.

28 minutes ago, Eivion said:

But the Miz is a heel.

And I love The Miz. But he's not on the same level as The It Factor or professional wrestling, The Glorious Bobby Roode.*

*Please note I Stan for Bobby Roode daily and am never going to be rational on this. He's the best wrestler in the world today.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

No man, Kofi. If anyone should have it, it's Kofi.

I'd be down for that too. But I'll always have that voice in my head that knows the ceiling is higher for Big E and that recognizing Kofi in that way would at a certain level be about time served. 

Still, crowning Kofi would be the highest recognition for the whole act, one of the most over in the company. And I've been wanting that for a long time. Why Shield got a singles champion during their run and these guys haven't is beyond me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Same here, but more so when it’s tag teams, especially if the team is mismatched but one of them matches an opponent.

Were you having trouble telling them apart?

They also had dark hair and beards!

The reason I want Kofi to win the rumble and win the title is that this was a guy who was doing nothing for years as a face. A bunch of us and myself on here kept saying to turn Kofi heel and let him run with that to see what he can do and turns out he's fucking brilliant. That heel run sparked an even bigger face run for him. It's basically what we've been calling for with Reigns that many of us have been beaten into not caring about anymore.

Kofi remade himself, he's played every hand WWE has dealt to him, he's been a total company guy for what feels like forever, and the dude should get a world title run at this point. There's no reason not to.

I love AJ Styles as champ, but imagine that first SDL after WM if Kofi wins the big one and Kofi and the New Day open the show. Holy shit. It's not like he should even have a super long run, but if you're going to give title runs to some guys for their "time served" (JBL, Christian, and others come to mind", and if you're going to give Jinder a run, then putting the strap on one of your most over guys just looks like the right thing to do.

And then at some point this year, Big E should get a run with that title as well. Part of me thinks that Big E is sitting on doing the 5 gimmick again until he is the champ. That would be a great time to bust that out.

• Like 3