DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NFL PLAYOFFS: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Dolfan in NYC

It does suck for Minnesota fans that the Super Bowl is in Minnesota. Losing in the championship game sucks. Just want to move on from football for a while. People will be bummed out. Not being able to escape it and hosting the team that beat you is rough

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

There is no chance in hell I'm rooting for Philly or Minnesota. I was all in for Jacksonville, but now I'm backing the Galatic Empire.

Finally me and Fowler have found our football common ground.

He's everyone's hero, the man of the hour, a tower of power, too sweet to be sour. Our man, Tom Brady. Fuck the Vikings, and I'll put my faith in the Eagles when they play the Bills.

• Like 1

It's gonna be bizarre having most of the country rooting for us in the Super Bowl...I'm so used to the national sports media pushing the horseshit "let's all hate Philly because blah blah blah snowballs at Santa blah blah blah" narrative...

I mean, fuck, I'm 41 years old, my team have won three titles in my lifetime and I was too young to appreciate two of them...all I'm sayin' is, we're due man, we're due...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Andy Reid not knowing how to manage a clock/McNabb falling apart 13 years ago maybe?

Now, see, I totally had forgotten that they faced each other in the Super Bowl in the 2004 season.

Hell, I forgot that McNabb even made it to the Super Bowl.

4 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Mitchell & Ness should sell commemorative McNabb barf bags in recognition of this occasion.

They already do sell barf bags:

7220_223_96bfavr_1.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Am I the only person who looked at the score early in the fourth (with Jacksonville up by a score or two) and went thought that Jacksonville was going to lose.  LOl, Goodell needs to book these playoffs better.  I never bought into the near falls because I never believed that Ric Flair New England was going to lose the World Heavyweight Title er, game to Ricky Morton Jacksonville.

Jacksonville played well for three quarters plus.  But Blake Bortles is still not the guy I want running a 2-min drive as the clock winds down.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Comedian said:

It's gonna be bizarre having most of the country rooting for us in the Super Bowl...I'm so used to the national sports media pushing the horseshit "let's all hate Philly because blah blah blah snowballs at Santa blah blah blah" narrative...

I mean, fuck, I'm 41 years old, my team have won three titles in my lifetime and I was too young to appreciate two of them...all I'm sayin' is, we're due man, we're due...

Except for the Phills (I'm a Mets fan) I love Philly. Love the city, love the insane fans. Any city that gave the world something as awesome as ECW is cool with me.

4th quarter of the AFC Championship game saw Bortles finally turn into a pumpkin (or at least stop being the best QB on the field). NFC Championship game saw Keenum turn back into one, too. SB is probably Foles' turn.

I only guess Eli Manning didn't turn into one largely because his face already looks like something you'd carve into a Jack O'Lantern.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, The Comedian said:

The A's are still Philly's most championship-laden team and they left 64 years ago.

Phily's overdue.