DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NFL PLAYOFFS: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Dolfan in NYC

My son called Eagles/Jaguars for the Superbowl at the beginning of the playoffs so he's stoked. Little concerned because the party we go to every year is a potluck built around the cuisine of the two involved cities. I don't know what the fuck Jacksonville cuisine is, but I do know I don't want another clam chowder as long as I live.

12 hours ago, jaedmc said:

My son called Eagles/Jaguars for the Superbowl at the beginning of the playoffs so he's stoked. Little concerned because the party we go to every year is a potluck built around the cuisine of the two involved cities. I don't know what the fuck Jacksonville cuisine is, but I do know I don't want another clam chowder as long as I live.

It's pretty much Southern fare and seafood, you could do worse. I'd be more concerned about Minnesota winning. There are so many juicy lucys you can eat before hitting the lutefisk and the lefse.

1 hour ago, KidNatural said:

It's pretty much Southern fare and seafood, you could do worse. I'd be more concerned about Minnesota winning. There are so many juicy lucys you can eat before hitting the lutefisk and the lefse.

We have hotdish, damn it.

10 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

So, if the NFC game really going to be the same time as the Rumble? 

Surprised they aren't flip flopping the games.

Rumble happens during the bye week between the Championship Games and the Super Bowl.

Though it would have made for an interesting traffic situation in Philly.

15 hours ago, APO said:

Bit of a programming note: The guy behind the BortlesFacts Twitter handle is gonna be interviewed on NFL Sunday Countdown. He's also a huge wrestling fan, but I doubt that comes up on Sunday, heh.

He is a buddy of mine. I actually went with him to the Jaguars/Packers game last year. Hardcore diehard wrestling and Jaguars fan. He went to Mania last year.

He will be going to the game as DraftKings is hosting him in their suite. Soooooo happy for the dude.

• Like 2

I feel like Brady being mysteriously on the injury report has been a pretty common thing the last few years. I assume it has something to do with NFL rules concerned who has to and who cannot practice, frankly, because it's happened often enough  it just feels like blatant manipulation of that at this point.

• Like 2

I feel like we're finally going to find out why Brady really keeps Alex Guerrero around - organ and tissue transplants.  Obviously, Brady is going to have Guerrero's healthy hand amputated and surgically attached to Brady's arm. Can't really be helped, unfortunately.  The latest batch of Brady clones came up defective and had to be destroyed.

• Haha 1

I can't tell if the media is dumb enough to think that Brady has an actual hand injury that means shit or that they are so desperate to put spice into this game that they are pretending that this could have an impact on the game and playing along with the work

• Like 1