DVDVR Message Board

RAW is... Huh? - 1/15/2018

Brian Fowler

18 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Much like Swastikas, which were originally Asian religious iconography, it's something that's associated with racist connotations now.

The connotations you're referring to had nothing to do with why Vince decided to ban the move in the first place, so it's not surprising that they didn't think about the move returning on that particular day.

• Like 1

On 16.1.2018 at 5:47 AM, Craig H said:

BTW, WTF is up with bringing the curb stomp back on MLK Day? [+ rest of curb stomp discussion]

If anything, it just proves WWE's sensitivity and awareness, for there is a role reversal. There is a  (Tyler) black dude stomping an imperialistic pastry almost British guy into the ground. 

The whole Braun stuff was incredibly dumb. WWE has always had a comic-book-inspired canon when they portrayed "super-powered" characters, but when they go all out I always find it cringeworthy. 

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

The reason I even brought it up was because of Seth curb stomping Big E on MLK day, then the move later gets banned and the first time it's used again is on MLK day.

I honestly never really thought of that, but considering Vince is a big fan of MLK I don't think that had anything to do with the move being brought back.  At least I hope it didn't.

3 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Vince isn't a covert Klansman, he's an overt out-of-touch crazy old man who wasn't that sane even when he wasn't that old.

Are you trying to say that Vince didn't apply every ounce of logic he could when he started the WBF?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One thing about this show is that it demonstrates Braun can feud with nobody present at the show, still be the star of the production, show up half a dozen times and lose nothing in crowd reaction.  

23 hours ago, Goodear said:

One thing about this show is that it demonstrates Braun can feud with nobody present at the show, still be the star of the production, show up half a dozen times and lose nothing in crowd reaction.  

Braun vs Kevin Dunn

On 1/17/2018 at 4:38 AM, Victator said:

People are over thinking the curb stomp. They just gave Rollins his old finisher to stop using the pedigree. 

I would say Braun attacking Cole was a heel move. But Cole has ten million years of bad karma to pay for. 

He was using that ripcord knee in place of the pedigree.