DVDVR Message Board

RAW is... Huh? - 1/15/2018

Brian Fowler

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

He's not still dating her I don't think.

They broke up a few years ago. Apparently she has been hanging out with Paige and Sasha backstage. I'm guessing she is pining to get her job back or some shit.

Yeah, I only watched a few matches, but really was not pressed to watch the whole show.

Seth and Finn was a pleasant surprise. Did they botch the finish or something?

Is Nia okay? The match between her and Asuka was great, but I was worried.

Cedric vs Neese was nice for an opener, but they ran that match in the ground. They need to bring more talent in the division or break up the division entirely. Enzo is not compelling enough to lead the show and quite frankly has not been drawing a thing since he has been sporadically on the show doing fuck all but his catchphrase. If Enzo beats Cedric then there is no point for that division. Cedric is the most over face in that division and I am not going to wait for Gargano and Ciampa and whoever from NXT to join for more competition. Cedric is the best booking decision for the belt so naturally they will keep that fucking thing on Enzo.

29 minutes ago, King Leonidas Of Sparta said:

Agree with whoever said Asuka is Nia's best opponent, but also I think Finn is Seth's best, they have some crazy chemistry which doesn't always happen with two guys of the same ish size and style.

Finn works best with guys who can go. Mind boggling they stuck him with Bray for months. 

Elias continues to be great. Just some awesome character work, including wishing Michael Cole well. I love the fact that it's now  storyline that Miz is paying this guy to be his ballader. I'm not sure what you can do with the gimmick because it's pretty one note but he's been a highlight of Raw every week. 

A night of pretty good matches with pretty bad finishes, although the only person who really lost out was Sasha. I know they have to elevate Deville and Rose sooner than expected due to Paige's injury but man, isn't this the same Sasha that went to war with Charlotte not that long ago? I guess in a lot of ways it isn't. I'm all for making Sonya look like a bad ass (I wish she still had her hair up), but I always get bummed when one of my favorites gets such a clear demotion. Unless it was a mistake? Or punishment for Paige? Who knows with this company.

• Like 1

Add me as another who enjoyed the Asuka/Nia match. Definitely a highlight and the best Nia has looked since coming to the main roster. 

I dug Sonya's victory because of how sudden it was. Hard for this show to surprise us. I'm glad that she's getting the shine since she seems more "ready" than Mandy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hagan said:

Elias continues to be great. Just some awesome character work, including wishing Michael Cole well. I love the fact that it's now  storyline that Miz is paying this guy to be his ballader. I'm not sure what you can do with the gimmick because it's pretty one note but he's been a highlight of Raw every week. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hagan said:

I can see Elias working with anyone really. Dude baiting Brock in song each week for a month leading up to a Network special would be hilarious.

Hell, just have Elias host Mania and troll fans between matches. He can ask Renee if she wants to walk with Elias, since she sure as Hell isn't going to walk with Dean Ambrose...

• Thanks 1

Gonna call this a long shot, but with Jericho being announced for Raw next week as well as working for New Japan in the near future, I'm calling the Black Out (I've always loved that name) returning because Kenny Omega's coming in (at some point) and, well, half of his previous finisher seemed to reek of Kenny. Just my $0.02.

Omega is more at home in Japan than he is in North America.  He will most likely stay with NJPW until he retires. 

If he ever wants to come to the states for a few appearances, he always has ROH to fall back on and they will cheerfully book him since he puts asses in seats.

The rain-trigger also isn't part of Omega's regular arsenal--it's mostly, if not exclusively, an Okada-match-specific move--so there wouldn't really be an issue of redundancy. But of course he'd take the match, and so would New Japan, contract or no. Even beyond the obvious fact that WWE is still a way bigger deal, Omega's been really open for years about wanting a more collaborative world, where anyone can basically wrestle anyone. He and the Bucks specifically wanted to do something with the New Day, for instance. I suspect he and Woods having a battle of US Champs using Street Fighter V as a proxy is the closest we get, though.

The use of Michael Cole being destroyed as a "Super-Rare Spanish Announcing Table" for when monsters truly snap is perfect. Much like when Brock F-5'd him and he screamed during the descent.

• Like 3

I'm surprised at how many of y'all are excited about the return of The Curb Stomp!  I've never liked that move, looked okay last night and in rare instances, but too often leads to guys having to stand bent over like idiots for too long waiting for Seth to hit it, much like Booker T's Axe Kick.  Thought Seth's current Rainmaker with a knee was a much better finisher, save for the fact the announcers never seemed to see it coming and would just shout "Knee!" as if no one had thought to come up with a name for it.

3 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

The use of Michael Cole being destroyed as a "Super-Rare Spanish Announcing Table" for when monsters truly snap is perfect. Much like when Brock F-5'd him and he screamed during the descent.

In retrospect they really should've had Roman Reigns be the one to murder Michael Cole because you knew the post-WM crowd was going to adore Michael Cole getting destroyed