DVDVR Message Board

RAW is... Huh? - 1/15/2018

Brian Fowler

16 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

He's not still dating her I don't think.

He's not, but the concern is valid IMO. She was revealed as a Nazi admirer and he continued being with her for several months past that. And she's roommates with Paige now and apparently been backstage with that little group, which is another can of worms. 

Then again, Rollins went all BLM on social media a while back. So who knows. 

I assume they just messed up the timing so we got the extended shot on Finn at the end. It happened a few times on Smackdown last month which led to some weird promos from Owens and Sami one week and Sami eating some extra finishers another week.

Asuka/Nia ruled, super fun match. Was a big fan of their Osaka NXT match in 2016 and this felt getting on that level. I think Asuka is definitely Nia's best opponent. Also absolutely loved Sonya's sudden victory, looked awesome.

NWA Junior Champ Barrett Brown ran in to Braun again. Back in 2016, Braun unmasked Americos, now this. That launch thru the table looked wild. In the end the whole thing seemed silly/pointless with you're fired ok you're not fired!

The Curb Stomp felt like a holy shit moment coming off like Seth broke the move ban and busted out the most illegal of all moves to put away Finn, similar to when a piledriver is seen once in a few years.

• Like 1

I'm fairly upset, due to the cold weather down here in Texas my cable was in and out. The only segments I was able to see was Kurt firing Braun at the begining, the Asuka/Nia match, and a replay of Braun tipping over the truck, and Phillips saying Cole was okay. Sounds like I missed a lot.

17 minutes ago, Rick said:

Yeah clearly Finn looking all lackadaisical for a minute or two at the end there was to re-establish the stomp as Murder Death Kill rather than having his bell legitimately rung.

This was a glorious episode of Nitro

I think that tweet is confusion over the 3.5 count.

I'm still wondering if that was a botch or what

12 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

I'm fairly upset, due to the cold weather down here in Texas my cable was in and out. The only segments I was able to see was Kurt firing Braun at the begining, the Asuka/Nia match, and a replay of Braun tipping over the truck, and Phillips saying Cole was okay. Sounds like I missed a lot.

I can't imagine cold weather affecting my cable service, wow.

47 minutes ago, We Are The Robots said:

She wasn't in the Rumble graphic and I swear she was in there previously.

Pretty sure they said she wouldn't be in it because of a neck injury during the match, although they didn't bring up retirement.

1 hour ago, Ramo2653 said:

I assume they just messed up the timing so we got the extended shot on Finn at the end. It happened a few times on Smackdown last month which led to some weird promos from Owens and Sami one week and Sami eating some extra finishers another week.

I'm no expert, but this doesn't quite pass my smell test. SmackDown normally has a hard cut off. Raw's overruns are surely a bit looser, and they'd be within their rights to cut off any time after 11:00 or 11:05 or whatever it is, right?

I think we were well past 11:10 here, IIRC. So they probably wanted us to see the Balor stuff by design...

Somebody call me on my foolishness. 

2 hours ago, Rick said:

Yeah clearly Finn looking all lackadaisical for a minute or two at the end there was to re-establish the stomp as Murder Death Kill rather than having his bell legitimately rung.

This was a glorious episode of Nitro

Plus it protects Finn. Seth only beat him because of interference, Finn being distracted by outside the ring shit, and Seth bringing back an old KO move.