DVDVR Message Board

RAW is... Huh? - 1/15/2018

Brian Fowler

A bunch of indy guys earned a sandwich and ten bucks to get tossed around by Strowman.

Speaking of awkward finishes, the end of Sasha/Deville match seemed pretty sudden as well.

The Revival's promo is giving me the sinking feeling that they'll end up eating finishers form some attitude era guys next week.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

So that Braun thing was amazing. And then it was FUCKING AMAZING. And then it was kind of dumb. And then it was horrendously stupid but still funny. And then it was the dumbest thing they've ever done. And then it was kind of funny again. And then it just stopped.

Quite the arc.

• Like 4

Just now, piranesi said:

Favorite part of the Braun thing: The one guy whose job was to run 10 seconds ahead of Braun to suddenly scream to people that Braun is coming and then run away just as he gets there to kill them.

And nobody even listened!

6 minutes ago, piranesi said:

So that Braun thing was amazing. And then it was FUCKING AMAZING. And then it was kind of dumb. And then it was horrendously stupid but still funny. And then it was the dumbest thing they've ever done. And then it was kind of funny again. And then it just stopped.

This is a pretty apt description of a lot of major angles in WWE.  Or just WWE in general.

• Like 1

Just now, A Guy Named Tracy said:

All of those camera cuts while Braun was tipping over the rig had to be some kind of joke, right? 

Here's the uninterrupted shot, which of course looks way fucking cooler.

• Like 5

Jordan is a heel. Seth and Roman are faces. The Good Brothers at least were heels. Finn is a face. Somehow it all works beautifully.

Cory claiming this wasn't the same match as the SummerSlam one because it wasn't Demon King Finn was great.

I've never been so disappointing in anything as I was when I realized they sent Braun into the actual production truck and didn't have any way for him to destroy anything so he was just going to have to, like, kick the side of a desk a couple of times...and that's just what he did.

It was like seeing Dee Snider quietly check out some self help books at the library.

10 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

A bunch of indy guys earned a sandwich and ten bucks to get tossed around by Strowman.

Speaking of awkward finishes, the end of Sasha/Deville match seemed pretty sudden as well.

The Revival's promo is giving me the sinking feeling that they'll end up eating finishers form some attitude era guys next week.

Yup. Before it would probably be Anderson and Gallows if they hadn't reunited with Balor.