DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 4/19/18

*Taped for Xplosion: Rohit Raju def. Sugar Dunkerton
*Taped for Xplosion: Kiera Hogan def. Laurel Van Ness
*Taped for Xplosion: El Hijo del Fantasma def. Homicide

Impact Wrestling - Airing April 19, 2018 from Orlando, FL

*Braxton Sutter & Su Yung def. Fallah Bahh & Kiera Hogan. After the match, Allie and Su Yung have a pull apart brawl.

*Brian Cage def. KM in a squash after KM issued an open challenge.

*Johnny Impact def. Kongo Kong via DQ when Kong used the steel steps.

*(Replayed from Impact vs. Lucha Underground on 4/6): Pentagon Jr. def. Austin Aries & Fenix

Unaired:Alberto el Patron, Matt Sydal, & oVe (Sami Callihan & Jake Crist) def. Austin Aries, Petey Williams, Moose, & Tommy Dreamer when Sydal pinned Petey after help from Josh Mathews.

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's worse. It does change and then it changes back.

Yeah, TNA is the Florida Marlins of wrestling.  If they do manage to get it right, management starts paying attention, realizes they still aren't making money, and starts breaking up the band until they slide back to their previous, less expensive level of mediocrity.

I'd complain about 55-year-old Scott Steiner being given that spot, but then again, it's not like there are any wrestlers in the indys who are under age 50 and could benefit from the angle.  Nope.  None at all.

What's so offensive on the new set of tapings? They're having to write off a bunch of wrestlers who were at the top of the card, so it's not ideal but I love the idea of a monster Cage push and Aries at the top. Seems like those are two positive moves right away.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Great build for Redemption which feels like a potentially awesome show. Loving Su Yung in Impact. Thought all the Johnny/Kongo stuff was excellent, the pre-match video package with Jacobs, the match, and the post-match was good stuff and I assumed it was leading to a rematch for the PPV though nothing was announced yet.

Real fun show, probably the best it’s been for a while, they’ve cleared the decks of Lashley and EC3 and really started to push the guys that will be sticking around, which given the taping schedule is either real good planning, or more likely a total fluke.

Interested to see Redemption and the next set of tapings.  

• Like 1

I thought the Mixed tag was the best match of the night and all the videos packages did an excellent job of making you want to watch the show. 

The follow up to Impact vs. Kong will be interesting to see what they do and who they bring in to replace some of the names they lost. 

• Like 1