DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2018

Casey

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I was watching the Retirement angle again and I totally forgot that Renee Young was already with the company and she did the backstage interview with Henry after the attack

Henry getting Cena to corpse during that speech is still the highlight for me

"No, not Mae Young dummy"

On 3/18/2018 at 11:30 AM, RIPPA said:

There is a chance Lauper goes in next year since they are back in NY

She was supposed to go in the last time they ran Mania there was bumped for a "bigger" celebrity (Arnold???)

Well, you were right on the Republican Politician part...

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

It could be a lot of people, to be honest. Orton, Bryan, Kane, JR, Teddy Long, Atlas, D-Lo if he's not working for someone else. Even a guy like Braun. That says something about Henry and his career.

Braun would be a great choice since Henry discovered him. It would be a good way to reintroduce D'Lo who would be a safe induction one year. 

4 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

It’s awesome to see him get so much love on Twitter. I can’t believe people still think the Mark Henry love is ironic.  

You'd think ratings and house show business going up when he was champ, and the surprisingly big buyrate for MITB 13 would've ended that myth.

22 years in WWE.

I don’t think anyone could’ve predicted that. Dude literally came in at the end of the New Generation, and ran through Attitude Era, Ruthless Aggression and the family friendly era. Only HHH, Kane Yankem and Taker can say likewise. 

And got better as he got older. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

It’s awesome to see him get so much love on Twitter. I can’t believe people still think the Mark Henry love is ironic.  

Besides being a big man when hardcore fans were all about smaller guys and go-go styles, I think Mark's initial sweetheart contract really hurt his perception. Anytime he got a push I'd hear that it was only because Vince had to get his money's worth out of him. I didn't really appreciate him until his ECW run, but I've gone back and watched his initial run and even in the late 90s he had something.