DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2018

Casey

No probably about it. I really, REALLY fucking hate that dude. Even more so than my well-known dislike of Dolph Ziggler.

(also; to answer your question; I had a job where the local “adult contemporary” station was always on the radio and I heard shit like All Summer Long and Drift Away and all that other shit like ten times in an eight hour shift, and hearing the songs I already hated so often drove me nuts.)

There's a lot of evidence that he's a pretty horrible human being, but Devil Without a Cause is still an all-time great party record.

I haven't listened to anything from him in like a decade, but as I understand it he's been bouncing around between country and basically trying to record music that sounds like 70's rock radio. I stand by what I said, if he shows up, talks about wrestling and music, starts away from politics, and doesn't take too long, it's fine.

• Like 2

Stealing a total guess from about a dozen different people on twitter: Kid Rock is being inducted so he’ll be there to play American Badass for Undertaker, who will essentially retire a second time. The deadman is dead, long live Mark Calaway. Something like that.

For me, Kid Rock was a decent enough guilty pleasure for about 10 minutes when he made dumb rap/cockrock/nu metal.  Like one or two songs would probably be on my gym mp3 player back in the day.  Also, I really like when people sample weird shit, so American Badass was kind of cool, thinking outside the box and rapping dumb lyrics over Sad But True.  But then he went full-on country and outed himself as a right wing shitbag, and that was it for me.

But hey, it's Vince's HOF.  Him and Dunn love them some cockrock and are hardcore Republicans, so he ticks all the boxes.

Kid Rock is in the same bucket with shit like Rammstein and other stuff where you hear something, it sounds pretty cool and different, and then...that's it? Oh ok, it just all is the same shit.

That said, I don't think this is as good without American Bad Ass playing:

This shit is like New Jack fucking dudes up with Natural Born Killaz playing the whole time. The return the night before is also right up there with Austin fighting the Alliance as one of the coolest returns ever. It's rare you see a crowd that lit.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Trying? Probably happened with the first class. 

But but but Vince inducted his limo driver!  Who was black!  And Vince will tell anyone who listens that MLK is one of his idols!

Whenever I hear about Vince's supposed idolization of King, I get a gross feeling that it's admiration only from Vince's narrow perspective.  Like he sees King as a great showman, a promoter of sorts, who was exceedingly great at getting people to follow him.  I think Vince couldn't care less about King's stances.  He just thinks he was a hell of a promo.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

Kid Rock is in the same bucket with shit like Rammstein and other stuff where you hear something, it sounds pretty cool and different, and then...that's it? Oh ok, it just all is the same shit.

Rammstein is another level way, way above Kid Rock.

Are we really singing the praises of American Bad Ass? Kid Rock kinda just rapped over Sad But True. If anything, just sing Metallica's praises.

• Like 3