DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2018

Casey

I'd have went with Karl Malone and Dennis Rodman as the celebrity introduction. Hogan should induct Rodman but I'd have DDP and Bischoff induct the guys, Maybe have Big Show out there too cuz he wrestled Rodman and then have Malone and Rodman come out and I think it'd be tight. 

^ Malone or Rodman...

FBPb1Rm.gif

Besides, if Malone went, DDP would take three times as long as Mr. T while inducting him. See his roundtable episode on WWEN, he wouldn’t shut the fuck up about the guy. 

Even if Malone went, I’d prefer Jimmy Kimmel’s version to accept and give a speech. 

15 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I love that Bash at the Beach match even with its flaws. I would have inducted Malone and Rodman yesterday. Kid Rock was kinda cool until about 2000 despite his music always sucking.

fixed

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Please don't perform? Kid Rock has always sucked and he's approximately 10 to 15 years past whatever prime a piece of white trailer trash could have. Of course his song is the official WM song this year and of course he's going to perform.

Next year I expect P.O.D. to have the official song.

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Ugh.  Insane Clown Posse deserves to be in the hall of fame more than this goof.   Please don't perform.  

The cruiserweight title match will get bumped to the pre-show for it.

I thought for sure Maria Menounos or Cindi Lauper would be the celebrity hall of famer this year. 

Other luminaries (some legit) passed over in favor of Kid Rock

• Snooki
  • K-Fed
  • The guys from Jackass
  • Bob Barker
  • LT
  • Wiz Khalifa
  • Nickelback

And I'm sure there's plenty more.

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He ditched the rap-rock for country.

Not knowing any better and I could be wrong, but this sounds like he's trying to capitalize of the success Sturgill Simpson has had.

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Not knowing any better and I could be wrong, but this sounds like he's trying to capitalize of the success Sturgill Simpson has had.

Aaron Lewis from Staind did the same. Staind gets lumped into the nu metal genre, but they never had rap elements. I'd consider them more of the post-grunge Alice in Chains knock off's.

24 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I just saw him in concert and he was great. Motherfuck the haters!

Mods, please Cash this man

(I am not kidding when I say I am EXTREMELY butthurt about this induction)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Casey said:

Yeah, we get it, you didn't watch an entire PPV that was extremely good just because he provided the theme. How many times did he fuck your girlfriend, exactly?

I wouldn’t hate him as much if he did that instead of ruin “Werewolves of London” and introduce us to Unkle Kracker, aka “what if Larry the Cable Guy fucked the guy from Smash Mouth and their son ruined a classic Dobie Gray song?”

• Like 3