DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2018

Casey

1 hour ago, tbarrie said:

Hey, I wasn't expressing my own opinion, just reporting what happened in the tourney. I was pretty surprised the Trish-Elizabeth matchup was so lopsided.

It's cool, man. I wasn't saying you were. I was just pointing out the different type of beauty between Trish and Elizabeth.

I really can't wait to see what they use for the introduction video.   The Double J character wasn't that special in the terrible period of WWF.   You could treat him like a WCW guy because he won a ton of championship thanks to being friends with Russo.   

If you thought the Jaretts were hot drunk messes as the leader of TNA imagine being able to tell people he is a WWE Hall of Famer at shows.  To go from kicked out of his own company to being a Hall of Famer shows incredible carny skills

I'm going to bet, Jarrett was cleaning out one of his dad's storage containers and stumbled upon a forgotten box that contains broadcast quality copies of the entire Continental/Memphis/USWA library and ran straight to Vince.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Road Dogg pretty much has to induct him right? 

Actually it would be awesome if they announced Jarrett only for it to be Road Dogg actually inducted

To be fair Road Dogg slightly more deserving  

While there are hundreds of better people to induct him, I would be shocked if isn't Elias inducting him 

Well-deserved entry for Double J. One of the most decorated champions in wrestling history. HHH's comment about how he "created opportunities for new talent around the world" is really interesting since it indicates they're acknowleging the role he (and by extension TNA) had in guys like AJ and Joe getting national exposure.

I wonder if the induction will just be about his WWF character or about the breadth of his career. 

And it'll be Road Dogg but man...I mean, just go ahead and have Russo do it. 

I will never understand someone picking Miss Elizabeth over Trish Stratus.  Elegance?  What the hell do I need with elegance?  Just because someone wears some long ass gloves doesn't make her elegant, it just means she is wearing some long ass gloves.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Jeff Jarrett is kind of the perfect person to argue about whether or not he's a hall of famer.  He's been around forever, has done a lot over the years, but he doesn't feel like he belongs in a hall of fame to me.  He's just one of those hall of very good guys to me.  I can see someone's argument for him, but I don't think I could be swayed...but it doesn't matter because this isn't a real hall of fame.

If we are going by kayfabe, he's a 6 time IC, 3 time US, 1 time tag, 1 time European, and 10 time world champion.

If we are going by real life, he's a solid hand who struggled to get over in both his WWF runs until the very end of both, catching fire first with the music video and second with the woman hating gimmick. He was a main eventer in WCW as it was dying and never got over to a level that matched his push.

In TNA, he actually was pretty over as a heel, but he did have the entire company literally built around him for several years in order to get there. He did get over as a face in Memphis.

If I had a WON HOF vote, he wouldn't make my ballot, but this is the WWE Hall of Fame, people remember him, etc etc