DVDVR Message Board

Oscars 2018.

The Natural

This show is fucking awesome.

I love that it is great and entertaining and I literally lost track that it was even an awards show and that Fox news corpses are going to be aneurisming over it adn everyone is going to ignore them.

All we had to do is let some more kinds of people up there to talk and, hey...it's pretty goddamn fun and feels important again. You know, that thing called "being relevant" they wring their hands over every year when the show is boring and everyone complains about it.

Tobe Hooper is the main one I heard. Didn't like the montage this year, too quick and not enough clips. Maybe it would have been in bad taste to show a clip from Night of the Living Dead when Romero appeared, but c'mon....

5 minutes ago, elizium said:

Tobe Hooper is the main one I heard. Didn't like the montage this year, too quick and not enough clips. Maybe it would have been in bad taste to show a clip from Night of the Living Dead when Romero appeared, but c'mon....

They do seem to get quicker and have less clips every year.

I wish they had kept doing the montage of previous winners they did for supporting actress for every award. That was swank.

"II'M SO HAPPY THAT WHEN MY COMEDY DUO BROKE UP, LITERALLY WITHIN WEEKS THE OTHER GUY HAD WRITTEN AND DIRECTED THE MOST IMPORTANT FILM OF HIS GENERATION AND WAS THE MOST BANKABLE AND SOUGHT AFTER CREATOR IN HOLLYWOOD HAVE YOU SEEN MY NEW DORITOS COMMERCIAL ALSO I'M ON A FEW PODCASTS THIS WEEK!!!!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, piranesi said:

"II'M SO HAPPY THAT WHEN MY COMEDY DUO BROKE UP, LITERALLY WITHIN WEEKS THE OTHER GUY HAD WRITTEN AND DIRECTED THE MOST IMPORTANT FILM OF HIS GENERATION AND WAS THE MOST BANKABLE AND SOUGHT AFTER CREATOR IN HOLLYWOOD HAVE YOU SEEN MY NEW DORITOS COMMERCIAL ALSO I'M ON A FEW PODCASTS THIS WEEK!!!!!!"

I don't think he even thanked him. Poor Key.

48 minutes ago, piranesi said:

All you're missing is Peele superkicking him and throwing him through a barbershop window.

• Haha 2